Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Temp head high-low

Posted by alfadex 
Temp head high-low
June 29, 2016 11:58AM
Can someone explain how can i adjust temp so that play around 214-216 . As you can see it plays around 211-220 while i have adjust it at 215. i am using teachup and i have mendel 2 printer ,what exaclty and where is it in firmware that i have to change it??

[youtu.be]
Re: Temp head high-low
June 29, 2016 04:58PM
Not familiar with Teacup but read up on PID tuning.
June 30, 2016 04:15AM
Try with Teacup's experimental branch [github.com] . Teacup received a number of improvements for temperature regulation recently.

That said, oscillation by a few percent is no reason to not print. What matters are oscillations during prints where filament melting starts and stops all the time and these might be lower with the tuning you observe than with one optimized for super steady temperatures at idle time.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

June 30, 2016 12:03PM
thank you i will try it when i have free time.
My problem is that while in winter i was printing perfectly ,i try to print 3 days ago and filament is like head temp is too high (bubbles on the object)! In winter i print at 222 C.At 218 C was too cold and extruder motor struggling. 3 days ago ,i print some things and was with some small bubbles on it, i lower temp at 214C but nothing change, at 210 C motor start struggling . So, i thought that it may be problem of oscillating head temp, but to tell the truth last summer i had the same modifications (temp again oscillating) and i had not any bubbles. I suspect infill , it was 100%
July 01, 2016 05:33AM
One common cause for bubbles is humid filament. One can dry it by putting it into an oven for a few hours (50 °C for PLA, 70 °C for ABS).

To turn PLA its self into vapor you certainly need much more than just a few degrees overtemperature. It'd stink severely.

August 06, 2016 04:22AM
Hi Traumflug , I try new software and this very handfull config tool, everything goes fine! very easy everything. I am trying to adjust head temp, it really does not affect printing qualitty but i am trying to adjust head temp oscillating +-2 .

i try temperature hysterisys 1 and residensy time around 10 and make some combintaion without any result but I don't really understand what those means.
I f you could help me what values are right. I am using 100k thrmistor with r2 4.7. As i can remember beta=4092
tnxx
Attachments:
open | download - untitled.JPG (54.7 KB)
August 06, 2016 05:51AM
"Temperature Hysteresis" = the deviation allowed for a temperature reading to be still "on target". If you ask for 180 °C and the measured temperature is 171 °C, temperature is considered to be fine.

"Residency Time" = the time in seconds temperature must be on target before the controller considers temperature to be achieved.

Both of them influence the heat up procedure, only. After setting a target one sends M116 and then the controller waits until the parameters above are achieved. After M116 is done they no longer play a role. Temperature regulation tries to be as accurate as possible, of course, better than the given hysteresis.

EWMA is a value for dampening noisy temperature sensors. If temperature jumps up and down from reading to reading, put in a value smaller than 1.0 here. 0.2 or 0.1 or 0.05 or something. This smoothes temperature readings. "MA" = "moving average".

To influence temperature regulation, use M130 ... M134: [reprap.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login