Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X, Y, & Z End Stops Constantly Triggering

Posted by Ike 
Ike
X, Y, & Z End Stops Constantly Triggering
July 15, 2016 07:53PM
So I'm building a 3d printer and I cant seem to figure out whats wrong with my end stops. Kinda new to the 3d printing world so I'm going to put as much info as possible.
Hardware nema 17 motors, ramps 1.4 and arduino Mega 2560, stepper motors A4988, my end stops are kw 12 micro switchers using 2 pins. Using latest version of marlin and repetier host v1.6.2 (will include marlin file and pics). The problem is that whenever I press the home button for any axis, it believes its hit an end stop (tested m119; heres a pic). I can move the axis in one direction but not in the other. I think its the firmware cause I took end stops from working printer. Thanks for any help or comments telling whats what.
Attachments:
open | download - DSC_0294.JPG (359.5 KB)
open | download - Marlin.ino (2.2 KB)
open | download - Screenshot (112).png (150.8 KB)
open | download - Screenshot (114).png (169.6 KB)
Re: X, Y, & Z End Stops Constantly Triggering
July 15, 2016 07:58PM
It seems as though you need to change endstop inverting to true, that should solve your issues
Ike
July 17, 2016 09:22PM
Thank you! But another issue came up... Homing the x and y axis work fine, but z axis wont move when I press the homing button.
July 18, 2016 11:01AM
Will it move up and down when you tell it to, is it just homing that is causing the issue?
Ike
July 19, 2016 11:21AM
I can move it up and down. Just having problems with the homing.
July 19, 2016 12:37PM
When you run m119 does it say triggered for your z endstop?
Ike
July 19, 2016 05:58PM
Open
July 20, 2016 12:56AM
Homing feedrate to fast.?
July 21, 2016 02:53PM
Are the endstop switch wires bundled with the stepper motor wires? They've been known to crosstalk and trigger the endstops.
July 26, 2016 03:49PM
[www.instructables.com]

This is not my writeup, but it solved my problem. Mine was looking for MIN endstops when mine were in the MAX position. You'll need to un-comment the section of that code. I don't believe you can hurt it by enabling both of them.

[www.makerslide-machines.com]

Try these lines specifically -

Open the Configuration.h file/sketch/tab and scroll Down to the @section homing - around line 330 or so.
Make sure you do not have 2 // in front of #define ENDSTOPPULLUPS. If you have, then remove them, upload the firmware to your printer and redo the tests we just did in Pronterface.

I homed mine in the back right. Had a Y MAX, X MAX, and Z MIN. For what it's worth.
Ike
July 27, 2016 05:10PM
No, my cords arent wrapped together yet. Also, I don't remember what its called but, my stepper motor wires use a special cover to prevent crosstalk. I havent gotten a chanced to test anything recently. I was in a accident and currently in a wheelchair. Also had wisdom teeth removed... So cant do much with disabilities and medications :'(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login