Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why is my printing like this?

Posted by RevoCayne 
Why is my printing like this?
August 02, 2016 04:57AM
I have print this with treelike support. Can anyone here please tell me what parameters affect the bottom part to print like this? This is a PLA printing at 180 degC with layer thickness 0.14mm.
Attachments:
open | download - WhatsApp-Image-20160802.jpeg (42.7 KB)
Re: Why is my printing like this?
August 02, 2016 08:45AM
are you using heated bed? how big is the model and what is the print speed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2016 08:46AM by deaconfrost.
August 02, 2016 10:18PM
Yes i'm using heated bed with temperature of 55 and the printing speed is 40 mm/s
August 03, 2016 01:38AM
See this attached squirtle. The printing problem occurs when its printing from the bottom pole of a hemisphere to the centre of the hemisphere. This is what occurs on the mickey head and every print that has such features. So which parameter should i changed to improve it?
Attachments:
open | download - WhatsApp Image 2016-08-03 at 1.35.28 PM.jpeg (88.4 KB)
August 04, 2016 10:35AM
The picture is really bad to say something more accuarete but all looks like you have an overhang problem. Either way, that overhang is not really bad, so that leads me to say that you problem might be related to: calibration of your X/Y steps (if your movements are not accurate, overhang layers will definitly not be where they are suposed to be, some sagging will occur) or/and extrusion calibration. Also check you layer cooling.
August 05, 2016 12:35AM
My calibration step is accurate for non overhang parts. would changing the speed solve the problem? or temperature?
August 06, 2016 08:39PM
higher temp will make it worst, lower the speed would help, how big is the model, the smaller they are the worst it gets too
August 07, 2016 02:42AM
The model is quite small. just around 20 x 40 mm. I will try to lower the temperature and print slower. Thanks.
August 07, 2016 01:31PM
Are you printing Infill first or Infill last? For models with a lot of overhang, I set Slic3r to print infill first so its not trying to suspend one lonely strand out there for too long.
August 07, 2016 01:35PM
Hi,

I'm printing with infill last. perimeter first. i see. i will also try that and later i will post the results here.
August 07, 2016 08:06PM
infill first also helps for small object
August 08, 2016 03:57AM
Lowered the temp for 5 degs and lower the printing speed to 20 mm/s. The results seems promising for some overhang but there's still some blobs showing. The hand and mouth requires support but i didnt enable them so it was okay.
My printer doesnt have the feature to print infill first. So i couldnt try that
Attachments:
open | download - WhatsApp Image 2016-08-08 at 3.36.28 PM.jpeg (71.6 KB)
August 08, 2016 05:14AM
thats a big improvement. download repetier host and install it with sli3er and cura, they both give you option to print infill first, should work we any FDM printer.
what printer do you have
August 08, 2016 10:17AM
im using Flashforge Dreamer which it has its own extension of gcode. so other software wouldnt work
August 08, 2016 01:42PM
is it custom start gcode? I don't know anything about your printer, but if its the matter of custom start code, you can always copy and paste them to other slicers
August 08, 2016 01:45PM
Nope. It is just like normal gcode files but the extension of the file is .gx insteaed of .gcode or .g
August 13, 2016 08:45AM
do you have a cooling fan on the print?
if not you need one, the overhangs need cooled or they curl up and cause that ugliness

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2016 08:46AM by siderala.
August 15, 2016 03:22AM
Hi i don't have a cooling fan. One more problem is that my printing always get off the print bed half way if im printing tall objects. How do i prevent that?
August 20, 2016 08:28AM
1st of all you will need a layer fan or you will end up with prints like this

without a cooling fan

PujqPdnl.jpg
3X51TAsl.jpg

Here's with a cooling fan the banding error ignore that's because the printer 2nd hand and nozzles or worn and the blower was bootstrap made from cardboard as i need it to print a workable printed duct as you see from above pictures that wasn't good idea trying without something to cool the layers

0TbQkzUl.jpg
hU3yXoGl.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2016 08:29AM by chris33.

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
August 23, 2016 01:11AM
Hi Chris33,

Thank you for such clear comparison. I will experiment it again hopefully it works well. Thanks a lot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login