Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

printing 90° angle problem.

Posted by Gnome3D 
printing 90° angle problem.
August 15, 2016 06:10AM
Hi Folks:
I have a HBOT 3D printer. and use smoothie board+ smoothie ware. slice by SLIC3R and KISSLICER.
I printing a X50*Y50*Z25MM cube, But the 90° angle has problem. actually it's a CORNER AND LITTLE BULGE! not 100% Right Angle.

Any one could help me to solve this problem ? change the firmware config? or change the slice software config ?

following is photo.

waiting help online...

thanks
Attachments:
open | download - webwxgetmsgimg.jpg (117.8 KB)
open | download - webwxgetmsgimg (2).jpg (165.6 KB)
open | download - webwxgetmsgimg (1).jpg (159.1 KB)
Re: printing 90° angle problem.
August 20, 2016 02:20AM
I know it's a completely different printer/electronics but I had the same problem with my Ormerod. It was fixed after I updated the firmware (which I believe may have had some movement code changes) and upped the acceleration/speed settings in the config.

For Smoothie you would be looking at acceleration (M201), x_axis_max_speed, y_axis_max_speed (M203). I am not sure if Smoothie has an equivalent for Maximum instantaneous speed changes (M566). It might be worth looking at junction_deviation too.

Regards,

Les

Pointy's Things
Pointy's Blog
October 19, 2016 11:36PM
look at information on jerk settings
October 20, 2016 12:06AM
Smoothieware uses junction deviation instead of jerk.

The junction deviation settings will fix ripples that occur in the X axis due to unsettled motion in the (typically) much more massive Y axis after a change of direction, but won't fix bulging corners- that's an extrusion problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2016 12:06AM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
October 20, 2016 08:04AM
Printing slower may help.
As DD says its an extrusion issue. At the corners the system is actually stationary for a moment but the extruder is still motoring. Also the second side is trying to be extruded over the last side.
What size nozzle are you using? The larger the nozzle the worst the issue is likely to be.
When designing parts try to avoid sharp corners. Even a small radius on the corner can help compensate for this bulging and produce a sharper corner than the radius would suggest.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login