Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extrusion width - height

Posted by Gaou 
extrusion width - height
August 17, 2016 11:59AM
Guys i know that it has been discussed before but i couldn't find a cleared answer so can you point me a clear thread or a math type for setting the slic3r with a new .25 nozzle ?

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
Re: extrusion width - height
August 17, 2016 01:16PM
Good luck. Anything that small is going to give you loads of issues from what ive seen from others.
Just about anything less than .3mm is not going to be a walk in the park.
August 18, 2016 08:46AM
For that size nozzle 0.1 layer height is the maximum, speed around 30mm/sec is good start point.
August 18, 2016 11:59AM
They say to choose a layer height not more than 80% of your nozzle diameter. So in your case no higher than .2

I'd also say to use the Prusa Calculator and feed it the info for your Z Axis and desired layer height.

It'll calculate. I'd choose a layer height that's .2 or under, and a multiple of the step length it calculates, and one that has no error over 10cm

It looks like the RePrapPro Mendel 3 uses M5 Threaded Rod for the Z

In your case I'd go with .2 or .16 or .12

As you get lower and lower, your print times will get longer just due to the amount of layers you'll be printing.
You'll also want to tell it to go slower
And you've got to make sure your machine is really dialed in or you might get jams.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2016 12:00PM by FA-MAS.
August 21, 2016 06:36AM
Guys thanks a lot for ur feedback. At this time I 've set the nozzle to .18'll height and something smaller for width. I managed to get a good print but I believe it needs some more mods before I will be able to print better.
I will use the calculator when I love back home and I 'll post my findings.
Thanks once more guys.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
August 21, 2016 09:35AM
"At this time I 've set the nozzle to .18'll height and something smaller for width"

Width needs to be bigger than nozzle diameter. If you're using a recent version of Slic3r it's not a bad idea to set all the widths to 0 and let it use default values based on the nozzle diameter - just make sure you set the correct nozzle diameter for it to base the defaults on. Details of Slic3r ideas here: [manual.slic3r.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login