Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Strange behavior from a rpp mendel.

Posted by Gaou 
Strange behavior from a rpp mendel.
November 05, 2016 04:02PM
Guys i am getting this error during print . I think it is related to slic3r as i have two identical mendels with different bed sizes. My opinion was that if i switch from the one to another and load a stl file without restarting slic3r with the proper settings ( the printer that will do the job) then i am getting this results always. The last two months i was very carefull not to load stl before i restart and prints were ok . But today i did it and see what happened.

I am not sure though that this is the cause . My belt is ok and the table do all the y move smooth enough . But i could use some advice to troubleshoot the problem.

Here are some photos.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
Re: Strange behavior from a rpp mendel.
November 05, 2016 10:18PM
All the layer shifting appears to happen in the Y axis only, which is typical, because the Y axis moving mass is higher than the X axis moving mass. That suggests that you are either printing too fast and/or the acceleration and/or the jerk settings are too high.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
November 06, 2016 05:28AM
both of them were printed lower than 15mm/sec. it crossed my mind that it was the slow speed the cause but on the other hand i am using these speeds enough to see that it wasn't it.

what it this jerk settings ?

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
November 06, 2016 07:19AM
Have a read through [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login