Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pleas Hepl! Exstrusion problem with slic3r g-code.

Posted by Madkite 
Pleas Hepl! Exstrusion problem with slic3r g-code.
November 22, 2016 05:06PM
Hi all.

Long time no post. Last time I was at this was in the Mendel days.
Anyway having to paternity leave and some dough I though I would get a new printer. So got A Geeeeeeeeeeteck I3. Has the marlin based GT2560 board. Actually went together like a dream compared to the first kit I had. About a tenth the time. With better instructions I would give the kit 9/10.

Now I have done a lot of printing in the old days and usually solved my issues but I don't know if its the newborn lack of sleep or what but this one is stumping me.

So the extruder seems to all be configured ok. Use Repetier host to tell it to spurt out 100mm raw filament and its within the ball park running with just the motor and the wheels. Dam easy to take these extruders apart!
Put together and running hot after a little tension tweaking and voltage adjustment it spurts out nice stringy plastic no problem at all without slipping. Great. I'm quite happy this is not a mechanical or circuit board issue and it will extrude ok. No blocked nozzles or slipping motors.

So set up slic3r and set the filament diameter 1.75mm and set the nozzle to 0.3mm. All correct. Multiplier is at 1. And I have gone over every setting a million times thinking one might be wrong to explain this.

Get the g-code for a test print and after I have had it extrude the bit I programmed it to at the start of the code to get the filament up to the end and fresh it then seemed to just stop turning the extruder motor entirely.
That was not quite true, it was turning but on a geological timescale. I could get some reasonable flow by cranking the steps per mm but from around 95 for the correct filament movement to about 800 to get anything reasonable!

I am really running out of ideas as it seems like it would need a 10x multiplier to make it come out at the right rate. I have tried everything I could fined. Adding and removing M82 codes and practically anything else I could think of altering on the start of the code. All made no difference. So I'm not convinced its the G code at all but I don't know.
Thing is If I add say at the start G1 E5 F30 it will extrude ok. But as soon as it gets to say code like this G1 X130.056 Y82.251 E2.93706 F1500.000 it thinks its the hour hand on a clock.

Tried several different Marlin versions and all behave exactly the same. So I don't think its the version but could be an option I have missed.

Is there a setting I have missed I'm my sleep deprived nappy changing haze? Have I messed up the micro steps for the motor or something? Or is this all a bad nerd sleep deprived dream and none of this is real?

Any help is much appreciated.

Make your Mendel twice as accurate.
[www.thingiverse.com]
Re: Pleas Hepl! Exstrusion problem with slic3r g-code.
November 22, 2016 05:30PM
If your running in absolute extruder coordinates (making this assumption since you said Marlin), you need a G92 E0 after your G1 E5 F30, otherwise I think the next G1 X130.056 Y82.251 E2.93706 F1500.000 would either run your extruder backwards or not at all since E2.93706 is smaller than E5.
November 23, 2016 12:27AM
Will run a test on that when I can but don't think its the issue.

Have run the code without the extrusion and it adds G92 E0 by default before it starts the print. Even ran it removing almost everything exsept setting temps. Didn't help.

[www.thingiverse.com]
November 23, 2016 04:02AM
On that not looking at the G-code slic3r makes the retract command is run after the G92 E0 and is something like G1 E1 F1800. As there is no G92 after it could that be messing it up?

When I get the time to test. Probably not today. Will do a G-code with retract disabled.

[www.thingiverse.com]
November 23, 2016 11:11AM
Well I think I have solved my problem.

Not entirely sure how yet.

Will let you know If I ever figure it out.

[www.thingiverse.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login