Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can anyone help me to diagnose my problems with my print quality

Posted by Ontheedgeandy 
Can anyone help me to diagnose my problems with my print quality
November 23, 2016 04:39AM
Looking at the print can anyone tell me why it looks like it does thanks smiling smiley
E3d v6 clone .4 nozzle abs 1.75mm
231 extruded
110 bed
30 perimeter
60 infil
Layer height 0.15
1st layer 0.3
Using repetier host
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_2148.JPG (609 KB)
open | download - IMG_2152.JPG (497.6 KB)
open | download - IMG_2153.JPG (425 KB)
Re: Can anyone help me to diagnose my problems with my print quality
November 23, 2016 11:21AM
Could be anything from the X and Y belts not tight enough, X or Y pulleys slipping on the motor shafts. Could be some type of wobble on the Z threaded rods. Drive gear for extruder slipping on the motor shaft. Over/Under extrusion, make sure to calibrate the extruder. Here

ABS likes heat, make sure there's no fan blowing on the part.
Also enclose the printer, generally the surrounding air needs to be close to 50c for the part not to warp/delaminate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2016 11:28AM by FA-MAS.
November 25, 2016 03:31PM
Hi Ontheedgeandy

We don't know what kind of printer you have yet, so we likely need more info to help you troubleshoot this.

FA-MAS has hit the likely points. It could be either extrusion or mechanical, it looks like a very common backlash problem. Look closely to see if it is shifting in the direction of the heavy axis.

You may want to eliminate the possible issues on the Shifted Layers page.

I began compiling an Inconsistent Extrusion Troubleshooting Guide, also linked from the Troubleshooting page.

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
November 28, 2016 07:08AM
Hi Paul it's a prusa i3 rework aluminium frame, with threaded rod z axis thanks andy
November 28, 2016 01:45PM
Is this a Geeetech Printer? How thick is the metal in the frame? Are all the screws tight? Do you see any contortion of the frame while the head goes up and down the z-axis especially around the z-axis stepper motor mount? Are you using any type of constraint at the top of your threaded rod to keep it from moving laterally? See [www.thingiverse.com] and [www.thingiverse.com] and [www.thingiverse.com] as examples. If you do, get rid of them. Most threaded rods are not perfectly straight and these things put stress on the z-axis smooth rods causing the head to move latterally. Instead you may want to try isolators for your threaded rods. See [www.thingiverse.com] and [www.thingiverse.com] and [www.thingiverse.com] and [www.thingiverse.com] and [www.thingiverse.com]. The last two are for Geeetech machines should your aluminum frame be from Geeetech. You may also want to purchase or make stepper motor isolators [www.ebay.com] . These things can reduce the vibrations from the stepper motors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2016 01:47PM by Lymphomaniac1.
November 29, 2016 04:36AM
It's 6mm aluminium frame, it dosent look as though the frame is twisting here is a pic of the machine best regards andy
Attachments:
open | download - RenderedContent-8126CA7E-F6B1-4CAE-A6A1-AD2E3C2CC7BB.JPG (150.8 KB)
November 29, 2016 05:50PM
6mm should be more than enough. Look at a diagram of a P3Steel Frame. It has sides on the frame to add rigidity. Does your frame have similar sides? If not you may want to add some.

I would still make and use z-axis threaded rod isolators as I mentioned before.

Are your z-axis smooth rods in tight without any give in any direction. If they are loose tighten them up with epoxy or something else. Are they seated at the bottom correctly? If not fix it.

I do not like the supports at the top of your frame. I prefer supports that hold the smooth rod tight and have a 10mm hole for an 8mm threaded rod. This is especially necessary if you use z-axis threaded rod isolators.

Grab your hotend and try moving it. Does it move? If it does move, see what is giving. If your printed plastic parts on your x-axis are giving, replace them with better designed printed plastic ones or metal ones.

Check ALL your linear bearings. Move them. Do they move smoothly? If not, replace bearings that do not. Try moving the bearings in directions they are not meant to. If they do move in directions they are not supposed to, even slightly, replace them.

Think about stepper motor isolators as I described before.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login