Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i can see the mountain top

Posted by sungod3k 
i can see the mountain top
January 03, 2017 02:52PM
Hey,

on my quest for the perfect print im coming close to perfekt. Im contiually changing setting and software so feel free to question all assumptions.
I working with a selfbuild 30x40 kossel, with ramps1.4 and Marlin RC8, bondtec extruder and e3d v6 .4 nozzle.

My main problem in the past were the blobs/zits that happened when the ramps couldnt keep up processing-speedwise and after the last marlin update that deprioritized the display these blobs are gone.

However (and im not sure if its even related) I have still some more or less random 2mm unevenness in normal walls. They are in straight walls which leads me to believe that they are unrelated to any processing speed issues.

Has anyone ever seen something like this?
Cheers
Attachments:
open | download - photo.JPG (419.2 KB)
Re: i can see the mountain top
January 03, 2017 03:10PM
I had something similar to this which was a case of start/stop points from a slic3r file with the Marlin 1.0 firmware. Based on my experience, I'd suggest slicing something in Cura 2.3.1 and see if its the same.

In my position, I don't really have a solution for you because after I saw these on a print, it was right before I rebuilt the machine with the Duet 0.8.5 and switch to slicing everything with Cura 2.3.1.
January 03, 2017 03:37PM
yeah i looked at the S3D print issue identifier and the closest issue i could find was also related to retractions, but since these things are happening everywhere i doubt its related to retractions.

ill test out some other slicers good idea
January 04, 2017 12:48AM
Those look like the layer start/stop points when you set the seam position to random in slic3r. If you set it to aligned slic3r will tend to line those spots up into a vertical line, but it will still move around a bit depending on changes in the layer geometry.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
January 04, 2017 06:58AM
the layer change seam is set to "aligned" in both slicers and is visible at another part of the model
January 04, 2017 08:13AM
Wondering if its moisture absorption.
May be a coincidence but a lot of these surface issues seem to crop up with black material.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login