Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z probe - trying to calibrate and failing

Posted by ss002d6252 
Z probe - trying to calibrate and failing
January 09, 2017 07:13AM
I have an 8mm inductive probe running on an A8 with Ramps 1.4 and Marlin.

I have the G28 and G29 running fine - probe will stop the head moving when it's triggered etc etc however what I can't get it to do is to apply a Z offset to account for the remaining gap between the nozzle and the bed.

Can anyone post the GCode needed to probe and correct via Repetier Host ? I have tried a few things without luck and hoping someone can post the GCode they've used so I can tweak it and give it a go.

When using any Z offset does the probe apply the offset whilst the G29 is actually running or does it apply the offset afterwards and only whilst a print is taking place ?

Thanks in advance.

Craig
Re: Z probe - trying to calibrate and failing
January 09, 2017 10:32AM
After doing a G29, measure the gap from bed to nozzle then edit the eeprom with repetier and enter the probe offset

*personally i prefer repetier firmware for auto bed levelling
January 09, 2017 10:36AM
Thanks - I can set a positive value in the firmware but a negative value is not having any effect.

Finally managed to get it to play along by leaving the firmware value at 0 and using the setting in slicer. The final value still bares no resemblance (don't know why) to that calculated via the G92 but at at least it seems to be working.

Craig
January 09, 2017 11:18AM
Are you using the latest Marlin 1.1 RC8 firmware ?
January 09, 2017 12:28PM
Marlin 1.0.2-2

Craig
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login