Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto leveling sensor not decting

Posted by Luc358 
Auto leveling sensor not decting
February 04, 2017 09:23AM
hello everyone,

I'm having problems with my 3Dprinter (Anet A8) not detecting my inductive endstop ( IG511A ) I
made a voltage stepdown circuit using a 20kΩ and a 28KΩ resistor (I measure 4.75VDC on the signal cable) the software I am running is Skynet 1.1 Alpha

i dont know what i did wrong, if i jump the cable and use M119 it does trigger

here are my settings / datasheet of the sensor / images
[www.dropbox.com]

if you need more information you can ask
Thank you very much
Re: Auto leveling sensor not decting
February 04, 2017 10:19AM
i would guess you still have the Z endstop pullup resistor enabled in firmware.
February 04, 2017 12:05PM
The standard switch Anet A8 endstops are normally open. They close when triggered. One side of the switch goes to ground (0V), and the other side goes to the monitor point, at which the processor monitors the state of the switch.
The monitor point has a pull-up resistor to 5V on the board (not as part of the processor), and a capacitor to ground. When the limit switch is not triggered the processor sees 5V on the monitor point, and when triggered this is pulled down to 0V.

The action of your sensor must copy this and pull the voltage down to 0V when triggered. The pull-up cannot be disabled in firmware.
February 04, 2017 02:33PM
The monitor point has a pull-up resistor to 5V on the board
So your probe will not work as it is a pnp no type and will not pull the sense pin to 0v.

You need a NPN NO probe
February 05, 2017 06:57AM
obewan
The monitor point has a pull-up resistor to 5V on the board
So your probe will not work as it is a pnp no type and will not pull the sense pin to 0v.

You need a NPN NO probe
You mean a pnp nc probe?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2017 07:58AM by Luc358.
February 05, 2017 07:35AM
*Little update

I went looking and i found another probe ( IGT204 ) this is a PNP NC. But when i connected it to my printer with the same settings as before, I still got no change when i entered the M119 command do I need to edit the software for this to work. Or do I need to connect the red wire of the endstop connector to somthing? because I now have it just floating around.

i have these probes:
IGT204 PNP NC
IG510A PNP NO
IG511A PNP NO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2017 07:35AM by Luc358.
February 05, 2017 11:20AM
Because the pullup resistor cannot be disabled, i dont think any pnp probe will work as it will not switch the z pin to 0v

February 05, 2017 11:59AM
obewan
Because the pullup resistor cannot be disabled, i dont think any pnp probe will work as it will not switch the z pin to 0v

but these people use them to?

Anet v1.0:
[www.instructables.com]

ramps 1.4: i use this method
[www.instructables.com]

and this part of the Skynet3D code contols the pull up risistor to my understanding right?:

//===========================================================================
//=============================Mechanical Settings===========================
//===========================================================================

// Uncomment the following line to enable CoreXY kinematics
// #define COREXY

// coarse Endstop Settings
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors

#ifndef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
// fine endstop settings: Individual pullups. will be ignored if ENDSTOPPULLUPS is defined
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
#endif

#ifdef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
#endif

// The pullups are needed if you directly connect a mechanical endswitch between the signal and ground pins.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2017 11:59AM by Luc358.
February 05, 2017 02:52PM
The code in the config.h file will only controll the internal pullup resistors in the Uprocessor ,it cannot turn off external resistors that are soldered on the circuit board,
To use your PNP probe you could connect it via a opto coupler as in the Anet A8 diagram you linked, or use a NPN probe where the output transistor will switch the 'pulled up' sense pin to 0v
February 05, 2017 04:00PM
I have an A8, I've had it for months now and I'm fully familiar with it including its circuitry, although I choose not to use auto levelling.

As I have already told you once, and Obewan has also repeated, the Anet board has permanent pull-up resistors mounted on the board. These cannot be controlled by the 1284P processor, which can only switch its own internal pull-ups.

The reason that your probe is not showing triggered is that the sense output is not able to drive the monitor point down to 0V. It will NOT show triggered until you come up with a circuit or device that will achieve this and no amount of playing around with the firmware will change this.
February 05, 2017 04:27PM
Aaah i get it now! Thank you.
I'm a electrician so i get the basics but for problems like these i'm always very happy that there is this big of a community thanks for the help!

I will try the optocoupler circuit then or I could change it for a 12vdc relais because its basicly the same thing (correct me if i'm wrong). I already orderd a optocoupler so with a bit of luck i get it within a week. And get back to you when it is finished
February 10, 2017 11:47AM
I have a Anet A8 with "autobedleveling"
Running original firmware. Its crap. Its actually pretty much a limit switch.
So as supermec says (very knowleble person) Smartes it to go for the standard microswitch.
Using skynet for autobedleveling is the choise i think. Probably going that route too.
Have a spare board to " play" with.

In either case. I have NPN sensors. Both original and a different aliexpress buy.
Thats the only thing that will work.
February 10, 2017 11:50AM
I have a Anet A8 with "autobedleveling"
Running original firmware. Its crap. Its actually pretty much a limit switch.
So as supermec says (very knowleble person) Smartes it to go for the standard microswitch.
Using skynet for autobedleveling is the choise i think. Probably going that route too.
Have a spare board to " play" with.

In either case. I have NPN sensors. Both original and a different aliexpress buy.
Thats the only thing that will work without modifying electronics on the board.

And yes. Im 3d printinga noob with a reasonable working Anet as first printer
February 10, 2017 12:58PM
SatorCodex

i can't say i am a expert but i did manage to get it to work using this optocoupler
February 10, 2017 01:06PM
Got it to work!

setup:

Nice little box:

Download Here

Up Close:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 01:10PM by Luc358.
February 10, 2017 03:25PM
OMG, soooo neat and tidy smiling smiley
April 13, 2017 12:22PM
Luc358
SatorCodex

i can't say i am a expert but i did manage to get it to work using this optocoupler

Hi Luc,

i have exactly the problem i buyed the wrong typ of sensor (pnp) and this fuc.... thing dont accept it. smiling smiley
i have this [www.amazon.de]
can you explain me how i solder it (optokoppler)?

thx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2017 12:26PM by yanardag.
April 24, 2017 09:03AM
nobody to help me?
April 30, 2017 01:14PM
Hey, I happen to have one of those probes on hand but haven't worked with it. Check out the included link for the wiring diagram, let me know if you have issues moving forward, I'll be sure to give you a hand if you need it. Regardless of the probe you use we should be able to get you up and running.

[github.com]

I hope this helps.

Hooklet3d/Bad Code LLC
www.hooklet3d.com
August 09, 2017 07:55PM
You CAN use a PNP inductive prox with skynet on the A8. I have done it.
Until recently it worked great. Then I printed off a E3D hotend mount with different prox location for a bowden extruder and forgot about the changes and just loaded the changes for the sensor mount offsets.
Now I'm back to the beginning trying to figure out how I got it working in the first place.
But i know it can be done
August 10, 2017 01:40PM
Figured it out.
I know this is and old post but if anyone wants a copy of the config.h I used I'll get you one.
It's set up for an Anet-A8 or variant,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2017 01:41PM by Jimmyg.
January 29, 2018 08:38AM
Unsolder the physical zmin pullup resistor, the PNP inductive probe should work fine without optocoupler or any accessories.
Of course you will need the voltage divider resistors.
I have tested it and it works.

This picture shows R39 resistor unsoldered on my board:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2018 08:39AM by ausrasul.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login