Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Discover over under extrusion

Posted by batata004 
Discover over under extrusion
April 10, 2017 02:59PM
Hi,

I already did some tests and followed 2 tutorials online to get my extrusion right but I still have problems with underextrusion sometimes. So I would like to know if there is something I can print that tells me if I am underextruding or overextruding.

Is there any 3d object that serves to this purpose?

EDIT IMPORTANT: the extrusion problem that I am facing is more easily seem when printing with 0.1 or 0.05 layer height, with higher layer height I dont have this kind of problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2017 03:01PM by batata004.
Re: Discover over under extrusion
April 15, 2017 04:38AM
There are several things that can be affecting this. The smaller the layer height, the smaller the quantity of material that is extruded for a given length of print. If there is a small error in extruder calibration or any slip of the filament this will become more obvious as the layer thickness decreases. As the layer thickness decreases the gap through which the filament must flow reduces. This will result in higher nozzle pressures and may affect the performance of the extruder. Another thing is that it becomes more important to have filament with a consistent diameter, and to use the correct diameter in your slicer. Try calibrating your extruder at the lower layer thickness if that is what you intend to use most.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login