Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flex3Drive eSteps issue

Posted by CliffAgius 
Flex3Drive eSteps issue
April 20, 2017 03:24PM
Hi All,

Finally got around to fitting the Flex3Drive and J-Head to my old printer and it's brilliant but the extrusion is way off, print 100mm only get 60mm so I need change the eSteps. My setting at the moment is 2500 to get the 60mm so I need about 4100, but if I go above about 2560 the motor just judders and won't rotate and this is my issue.

My controller is a Melzi V2 (old reprappro Mendel) so using M503 and M92 E4111 to set the needed eSteps...

Anyone got any ideas on a fix?

Oh in case your wondering the need for the high steps is that the Flex3Drive has a 40:1 ratio inside.

Ta

Cliff.
Re: Flex3Drive eSteps issue
April 20, 2017 06:08PM
Increasing the steps that much means you are trying to run the motor too fast at its current feedrate, slow the feedrate down and it should be fine
Re: Flex3Drive eSteps issue
April 20, 2017 07:12PM
Hi Clifford

I have sent you an email with the settings in earlier, (and just sent it again in case you didnt get it), but for the record see below

You need to set the esteps to 1900 and set microstepping to x8
If you cannot set microstepping to x8 then run with 3800 esteps if using x16. Do not use any other value for esteps as it will be incorrect

Set your E axis acceleration to 50mms (M201 E50)
Set your Retract acceleration to 50mms (M204 T50 or M204 R50 depending on version of marlin being used)
Set your E axis max feedrate to 50mms (M203 E50)
Set your vref (motor current) to 0.4v measured at the trim pot
Set your E Axis jerk to 0.1mms (M205 E0.1)

In your slicer set...
Retract speed to 15mms
Retract distance of 1.5mm
All extrusion multipliers and extrusion widths to 1 or 100%
Enter the correct measured filament diameter (measured in several places and averaged out)

The firmware settings above are a safe baseline from wwhich to be able to tune upwards, but get these working first and we go from there.

J

Flex3Drive.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login