Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PEI Sheet - Clear

Posted by Mils24 
PEI Sheet - Clear
May 23, 2017 01:27PM
Hello

I have just taken receipt of 'PEI sheet' for my printer bed but its clear and glossy on both sides. Anything I see online is claiming to be amber in colour, glossy on one side and matte on the other.

Has anyone heard of clear PEI that is genuine PEI??

Thanks
Re: PEI Sheet - Clear
May 23, 2017 05:35PM
All the PEI I have bought has had an amber color.
May 23, 2017 06:29PM
Sounds like a transparency for use on a printer!
If its not PEI, then I assume it was dirt cheap?
However, I read a long while back that someone used transparencies of some sort as a bed material. Maybe you should try it?

May 25, 2017 10:44PM
Honestly, if its thin enough it might appear clear. They are selling pei sheets that are only 5mil thick.... If abs sticks hard to it you know it's legit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2017 10:45PM by Qdeathstar.
May 27, 2017 02:22PM
Ok so I've spoken to the seller and they are adamant it is PEI. They sent me the data sheet for it too. Its Duratron PEI apparently and after a bit of a google it is available in amber, black, white and custom colours.

Ive installed it and tested with ABS - It works like a DREAM!!!!

Panic over and finally a material that just works with ABS! Whoo-hoo.
May 27, 2017 04:51PM
Ooh, I wonder how much you'd have to buy to get green pei!
May 27, 2017 05:54PM
Where did you get it from?

I could use some 350mm round PEI.
May 28, 2017 06:15AM
I got mine from an aliexpress seller called '3D Factory Store'. Search 'PEI sheet' on Ali to find it. Biggest Ive seen is 300mm x 300mm but I would say if you message the seller he will do 350mm dia no problem for you. He was very responsive to messages when I was talking to him.

Alternatively if that is a no go you could get a 406mm x 406mm sheet from 3D Prima and cut it down although it is quite expensive.
June 01, 2017 02:13AM
Good to know that the pei from this seller works well.I recently ordered some from him.
September 13, 2017 07:48AM
Big warning for purchasing from 3D Factory Store on Aliexpress!

The "PEI" sheet is NOT PEI. The piece of plastic they send is completely useless and is dissolved by Acetone. The tape they attach to it is also completely unusable!

Never purchase anything from 3D Factory Store on Aliexpress! I got ripped from 54USD for that "PEI" sheet and no refund until Ali Express stepped in to give me half back.
September 15, 2017 12:50AM
What is their URL?

Click here to login