Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exterior Perimiter Issue

Posted by zazabar 
Exterior Perimiter Issue
May 29, 2017 10:07PM
Hello everyone!

I'm having a peculiar problem with my exterior perimeters. Everything else works great. Infills, interior perimeters, accuracy and precision, bridging/gaps, etc. Just these pesky exterior perimeters.

Google's general search results state that it's an over extrusion problem. Based on that, I tried recalibrating my extrusion steps per mm and reducing the extrusion multiplier. Neither of those worked, so I tried some additional tweaking including lowering the temperature, adjusting the acceleration and jerk, lowering the print speed, releveling the test bed, and messing with the layer size, but to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this? Thank you. For clarity, this is a Reprapguru Prusa i3 with 1.75mm PLA using Repetier Host with Slic3r Prusa Edition.
Re: Exterior Perimiter Issue
May 29, 2017 10:12PM
To me it looks like an overhang issue. Do you have a cooling fan? Overhangs can be tricky to get correct
May 30, 2017 07:23AM
I do have a cooling fan, though the stock one provided with the kit might not be applying the flow in the best of ways. I'll see about printing a new mount that redirects the flow a bit.
June 13, 2017 01:44PM
Just the overhang by the looks. The lower part seems alright.

If slic3r allows, try printing the inner perimeter before the outer perimeter.

Temperature as low as will extrude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login