Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anet A8-L Firmware in arduino format

Posted by Danielmaslia 
Anet A8-L Firmware in arduino format
July 08, 2017 10:41AM
Hello,
I am trying to upgrade my Anet A8 to the firmware that I need so that I can use auto bed leveling with this sensor. I have already flashed Skynet, but I REALLY don't like it. The controls are really tricky and it is just not easy and the temperature is not well controlled. That is why I want to flash the anet a8-l firmware via arduino. When I download the anet a8-l firmware, it is in .hex format. I can't use a file that is in .hex on arduino 1.6. (have to use that arduino version to flash firmware) Is there any way that I can flash a .hex file onto my printer (I've already tried AVRDUDESS, stuck on uploading screen.) My ideal solution is an a8-l file in .ino format.
Re: Anet A8-L Firmware in arduino format
July 10, 2017 12:43AM
Skynet is your better bet on the anet a8 for auto leveling.

Temperature control is stable and consistent on my two anet a8's after switching to pid control. I am using autoleveling with skynet.

You have to do some of the work to configure skynet but compared to the a8-l firmware (where it is closed source) you have free reign over how it behaves espcecially when you need to configure bed dimensions, homing positions, probe offsets etc.

With the a8-l firmware you are stuck with how it is configured and it most likely isn't configured for the sensor you are wanting to use.
Re: Anet A8-L Firmware in arduino format
July 21, 2017 07:44PM
Try Marlin

[www.youtube.com]

You can always go back if you don't like it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login