Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r Totally full infill

Posted by dindibo4 
Slic3r Totally full infill
August 14, 2017 05:10PM
Hello, is there any way to make the slic3r through the RepRap-host to slice the object so it'll fill the whole object like the 1-3 first and last layers?
I know it's a waste of material but I must make my part as strong as possible. Any suggestions?
Re: Slic3r Totally full infill
August 14, 2017 05:55PM
Just set the infill to 100%. for a strong part I would also looking at increasing the number of perimeter to 5 or 6
August 14, 2017 06:06PM
scottybfg
Just set the infill to 100%. for a strong part I would also looking at increasing the number of perimeter to 5 or 6

I did set the infill density to 100% but it did it really fast and didn't really filled it well like the first and the last layers.
but what do you mean to increase the number of perimeter?
August 15, 2017 12:54AM
If its printing to fast they reduce the infill speed in slic3r (http://manual.slic3r.org/expert-mode/speed)

And perimeters are the number of outside shells before the infill. Have a look around, a few people have done experiments and found that an increase of perimeters made a stronger part then solid infill. In saying that a lot depends on where the forces are coming from, FDM creates a lot of stress consentrators along the Z axis
August 16, 2017 04:49AM
If you told Slic3r to do 100% infill, and your part does not get massive, either your settings are wrong or your printer has a problem.
August 17, 2017 07:14AM
Inhumierer
If you told Slic3r to do 100% infill, and your part does not get massive, either your settings are wrong or your printer has a problem.
The printer doesn't relate to the speed that is filling the inside layers it is the slic3r
August 18, 2017 07:20PM
Then you should change your hotend temp, if it's too low it could prevent fast extruding. Or you need to tell Slic3r to do the infill slower.
So your slicer settings are wrong, i.e. the slicer is creating GCode with too fast extrusion. That's what I wrote.
Does the infill look like 100% when you print slower, f.ex. set the feedrate to 50%?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login