Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

repetier-server hangs at completion of print job

Posted by cheddy 
repetier-server hangs at completion of print job
August 20, 2017 01:32PM
I have repetier-server running on a Raspberry Pi Zero W driving my prusa i3 reprap printer. Everything appears to work fine - I can manually control the printer, etc., and print jobs run from the 'Direct Print' function, except they never finish properly. They get stuck at about 99% completion. The extruder returns to the park position and the extruder heater is turned off, but the bed heater remains on. Force stopping the printer appears to have no effect and it doesn't appear to accept manual commands. My only recourse is to turn the bed heater off manually via the LCD panel on the printer, and then to cycle the power on the printer.
Does anyone have any ideas on what might be wrong?
Re: repetier-server hangs at completion of print job
August 20, 2017 03:33PM
Anything strange in the slicers end g-code ?
August 24, 2017 07:31AM
Update: I fixed the problem by adding a 'M190 S0' command to the end g-code. Everything works fine now - print jobs complete properly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2017 07:32AM by cheddy.
August 26, 2017 11:17AM
Oops! Make that a 'M140 S0' command in the end g-code. M190 should wait until the bed reaches the target temperature, which it never will at zero degrees. However, in my case it skipped right along to the 'Finished' state, so maybe Marlin is smart enough to just switch the bed heater off and return control immediately when the target temperature is zero. That would seem like a reasonable policy in order to avoid an infinite wait situation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2017 11:18AM by cheddy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login