Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Error: Printer halted. kill() called" comes up whenever I print

Posted by Olbol 
"Error: Printer halted. kill() called" comes up whenever I print
December 18, 2017 05:33AM
Hi there,
In the past months, I decided to build a 3D Printer. I use Ramps 1.4 board, Arduino Mega and the firmware is Marlin. It used to work perfectly but yesterday I noticed that in Pronterface when I started a new print, it would start printing until this error came up: "Error: Printer halted. kill() called". I tried printing through my slicing software, Cura and got 1 successful print yesterday but whenever I try today, it doesn't even start to print and I think that it is the same issue. I am somewhat new to 3D printing and have no clue how to fix this issue. Any help is appreciated as it would save my printer.
Thanks a lot.
Re: "Error: Printer halted. kill() called" comes up whenever I print
December 21, 2017 08:51AM
Hi

Check thermistors wiring and the temperatures displayed.

A broken/ shorted wire or way off temperature values mid-print would cause Marlin to kill the print.

Moving parts can cause intermittent faults in wiring that can be tricky to trace.

Marlin will also kill the print if the temperatures weren't rising as expected, ie from a wiring fault to the heater or bed.

There are settings to tweak in Marlin for this but If it worked before then probably hardware not software related.

Ed
December 21, 2017 11:56AM
Ed would
Hi

Check thermistors wiring and the temperatures displayed.

A broken/ shorted wire or way off temperature values mid-print would cause Marlin to kill the print.

Moving parts can cause intermittent faults in wiring that can be tricky to trace.

Marlin will also kill the print if the temperatures weren't rising as expected, ie from a wiring fault to the heater or bed.

There are settings to tweak in Marlin for this but If it worked before then probably hardware not software related.

Ed

+1

This is most likely a broken or intermittent connection/wire... Fully agree.
February 22, 2018 01:37PM
sorry for the late reply, thank you all
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login