Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folger Tech issues with small ABS details and sides of print

Posted by The3rdIcon 
Folger Tech issues with small ABS details and sides of print
December 19, 2017 08:17PM
I have a Folger Tech RepRap 2020 Prusa i3. Its been giving me issues here and there. The issues of the day seem to be that I'm getting tiny wholes everywhere and I think maybe cooling issues. I'm using Cura 3.0.4 as my slicer. I'd really like to find a way to improve the smaller details of my prints at .2 layer height before I try and do anything more detailed. Please let me know if you need more details to help me improve.

My printing settings are below:
  • Temp: 240 C
  • Material: ABS
  • Print Speed: 45 mm/s
  • Print Layer height: .2 mm (I'd like to try down to .1 but I need to get a solid print first)
  • Infill density: 20%
  • Build plate temp: 80 C
  • Min Layer time: 15s
  • Max Speed threshold: 20s
  • Wall thickness: 1 mm
  • Top/Bottom Thickness: 1 mm

3 of my most recent prints can be found in here

I've been told acceleration jerk settings are important too. Please let me know if you think these setting are relevant to resolving the issues shown in the pictures above.

I'd like to putt these problems behind me if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for any and all help given.
Re: Folger Tech issues with small ABS details and sides of print
December 20, 2017 01:28AM
The pattern on the outside may be a shadow of the infill structure - does it change, if you increase infill or perimeter? What slicer, and what infill pattern do you use?
For the other issues I'm unsure. For me it doesn't look like a acceleration problem, but somewhat temperature related. Maybe reduce the speed to 25 or 30 mm/s, and/or the temp by 5 deg.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2017 01:28AM by Inhumierer.
December 20, 2017 08:08AM
Looks like temperature issues to me.
Sometimes very hot and sometimes to cold to extrude fully.
Look at the temperature for the hot end to check its stable around the target temperature. You can run the PID calibration code if its wildly off target or fluctuating more than a few degrees.
December 21, 2017 09:01AM
For the test cube, should I also move the location in the print bed? The slicer is Cura and I'm using cubic Infill. Also, are you suggesting I drop the temp as well?

Tonight I'll try using your suggested settings. I'll make a few prints with one seeing adjusted each time. Let me know if there is a pattern I should use to adjust the settings. I e going down or up in temp by 5 degrees each time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login