Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OctoPrint

Posted by Roberts_Clif 
OctoPrint
January 04, 2018 01:44PM
My first two OctoPrints prints using 2 rasberry Pi zero's, Both printing the same model.
It appears when the first 3D printer finished the second 3D printer stopped short of completion by a couple layers.

Not accusing that the first Pi causes the second to stop but it appeared to be the way it looked.

I have the Octoprints given names so they are exactly the same name, Is there a way to change Names without connecting a keyboard and monitor the the pi's.
Can the name be changed on the SD card somehow.

Is there a way to change the 8.3 file names to one easier to understand.

Can I connect Cura 2.6.2 to both Printer at the same time? By running two instances of Cura. Tried but it would not let me connect to both 3D Printers.
Re: OctoPrint
January 04, 2018 07:22PM
Would it have been better to get a Pi3 and run both printers from one print server?
January 04, 2018 07:30PM
I have a Pi2 model B 1GB would that work. If not Can get a Pi3.

Then how would it do it.
January 05, 2018 12:25AM
I run AstroPi not OctoPi but plug in up to 4 printers and it handles them all on one Pi3

I stand corrected, I had believed this but I just went hunting and found I am wrong, so sorry to mislead you sad smiley

[astroprint.zendesk.com]-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2018 12:33AM by JustSumGuy.
January 05, 2018 12:36AM
This article indicates it can be done, but at the cost of a RpiZero I would not bother:

[thomas-messmer.com]

So back to, your original problem and again sorry to mislead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2018 12:37AM by JustSumGuy.
January 05, 2018 09:34AM
JustSumGuy
I run AstroPi not OctoPi but plug in up to 4 printers and it handles them all on one Pi3
I stand corrected, I had believed this but I just went hunting and found I am wrong, so sorry to mislead you sad smiley
[astroprint.zendesk.com]-

We are only human, so mistakes are bound to happen!
January 05, 2018 09:35AM
JustSumGuy
This article indicates it can be done, but at the cost of a RpiZero I would not bother:
[thomas-messmer.com]
So back to, your original problem and again sorry to mislead.

Thank you.

Will read this when I have more time.
January 09, 2018 09:50AM
I have been working with OctoPrint, and the plugins on a Pi Zero. I install the plugins that I wanted to use with OctoPrint only to discover they did not function on the Pi Zero. When I tried to uninstall them a couple would not uninstall, Simple E-Stop and Emergency Stop Button.

As OctoPrint still seemed to function, I decide to install OctoPrint a on a spare SD card. I tried many times only to have it fail to boot. This meant that I was reformatting and reinstalling Octoprint. Decided not use a Standard Windows text editor and downloaded Notepad++ and finally got one to Boot. Thereby I installed only the known working OctoPrint plugins. Getting the first OctoPrint Pi Zero to work correctly went on to the second.

On the second OctoPrint was still having the same problem getting OctoPrint to boot. And again went thru the progress of reformatting the SD card and reinstalling Octoprint. After some time finally had two working OctoPrint Pi Zero’s.

However during the process of reformatting the SD card I lost an OS Clone backup hard drive to the reformatting. Now this hard drive has my entire family’s computers backups on it, this is 3.63TB of data Gone with one small SD card Formatting error.

Well a I believe in having backups you will not believe it but I even have a backup for the Backup. Ha HA ha hA!!!!! (You can tell I have been here before!!!!!)

So now comes the part I have always hated, Having to backup the backup of my family’s backups. I started the Backup at 6:00am. Copying data from the OS Clone backup’s Backup hard drive to return the data to the System OS Clone backup hard drive so as to restore the master backup at 5:32pm. (Thanks to having USB 3 Backups, If this was a USB 2 backup well you know!!)

Can anyone tell me it there is any documentation telling the compatibility of the plugins to the different Pi’s specifically the Pi Zero and Pi Zero W.
January 14, 2018 12:07PM
Enabled Linksys C270 to Octoprint.

Question???

Because the video is streaming to the web browser can I record the entire stream onto my PC. on demand.

If so I could not find a way. Help???
January 15, 2018 04:42PM
Still having small problems with OctoPrint - Linksys C270 video link, on initial startup need to reboot as the video feed is messed up. After rebooting it seems to work fine.

I decided to try the OctoPrint link in the new Cura 3.1.0, Sent a feed to Red then sent a feed to blu. I can monitor both from Cura 3.1 and still adjust the settings with Octoprint while printing both Models at the same time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 04:51PM by Roberts_Clif.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login