Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why do my layers suddenly look like this?

Posted by adenton 
Why do my layers suddenly look like this?
January 05, 2018 04:09PM
Previously I have printed many objects with the current setting, however today all of the layers came out looking weird. Here is a picture of just the first layer: [drive.google.com]

Settings/info:
-PLA (1.75mm)
-190 degrees
-cooling fan running
-no heated bed
-speed= 30 mm/s
-extrusion multiplier= 1
-Sli3er
-blue tape (Recently changed. Sticking is not an issue.)

It looked like it might be over extruding so I tried changing the the extrusion multiplier to 0.9 but I did not see a difference. I also raise the nozzle up a bit because it may have been too close to the print bed but I also did not see a difference in print quality.
Re: Why do my layers suddenly look like this?
January 05, 2018 06:06PM
Here are what I would look for if I was seeing this on my 3D Printers.

Change temp to 194C. Check the filament throat as the PTFE lining deforms clogging the nozzle. Clogged hotend, Slicer setting set to 3mm filament. Bad filament has adsorbed moisture.
January 08, 2018 07:10AM
IMHO the bed leveling is still questionable. Too close being the the issue. New Blue tape may not be the same thickness as the old tape. The LHS is slightly better than the RHS which is typical for too close a gap with a very slight slope on the bed.
However that should only seriously afect the 1st and 2nd layers so if there all doing it there is another issue.
January 08, 2018 11:40AM
Hmm, interesting. I don't think there is a clogged nozzle or anything wrong with the tubing because when I tell the printer to extrude x-length of filament everything is normal. All the other settings seem to be correct as well. Maybe it is too close to the bed. Unfortunately my y-endstop has suddenly stopped working. I think there is something wrong with the switch mechanism unfortunately...
January 09, 2018 01:30PM
Any unusual noises while it's printing? Any popping or crackling sounds? Is this a different filament than you've used before?
January 09, 2018 03:38PM
No unusual noises. Not a new filament, actually I consider this to be my most reliable filament, well not anymore I guess. Waiting on endstop replacement to arrive so I can get back to troubleshooting.
January 12, 2018 05:14AM
Loose drive cog on extruder? or too little tension?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 05:23AM by MechaBits.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login