Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Layer banding after changing board

Posted by dhien2 
Layer banding after changing board
January 19, 2018 03:38AM
Hello everyone.

I have problem curently.
My print has layer banding after I changed the controller board. My printer was very well tuned before that.
I doubt it is z wobling because my print was very smooth before I swapped the board. Is it possible my stepper driver has over/under current?
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20180119_115055~2.jpg (352.9 KB)
Re: Layer banding after changing board
January 20, 2018 02:07AM
Hello dhien2,

You will need to provide more information if you expect help. Also, if your previous board was well tuned, who did the tuning?

Printer type?
Board Type?
Driver type?
Firmware?
Slicing software?

What board did you replace? Is the the same board (version and everything) you replaced it with?

More information would help.
Good luck.
January 20, 2018 03:12PM
You might want to see if you left the new controller board in bang-bang mode to regulate the bed temperature. It should be running PID control.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
January 20, 2018 05:23PM
That's exactly the problem. I run Bang Bang mode for the new controller. Strangely enough my old board was running that mode too but showing no sign of layer banding.

Problem solved after I chose PID control.

Thanks for all responds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2018 05:24PM by dhien2.
January 20, 2018 06:42PM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm CR-10 user, changing from stock Melzi to MKS Base v1.5, running Marlin.
My previous perfect state printer was tuned by myself.

The layer banding was so orderly patterned so at first it looks like a Z woble problem. But I have slight doubt because with exact setup and without mechanical changing it suddenly show the banding after swapping the board.

Finally I resolved the problem. It was Bang Bang temp control mode that caused the problem. After I turn to PID bed control the banding just disappear. Strangely enough I also run Bang Bang on my old board yet it printed just perfectly smooth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2018 06:43PM by dhien2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login