Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looks like corrupt firmware -- AnyCubic

Posted by papilio 
Looks like corrupt firmware -- AnyCubic
January 26, 2018 05:02AM
In the course of simply wishing to change the E-steps on my AnyCubic delta while switching a Bondtech for a Titan extruder I seem to have messed up my firmware without having any idea how. I made the change in E-steps via Pronterface, after which I'm unable to get a print going without mishap.

Immediately following the above modification, the print file (which had run previously without issue) began performing the following behaviors upon both subsequent attempts at the same file as well as other attempts at sending the printer other previously functional files. Ordinarily with the AnyCubic, after bed and nozzle have reached temps the printer will home and then drop about 100mm before beginning a slower descent to the bed. On the first try, the machine rebooted at the pausing-point 100mm below home. Next time it merely froze with M105 displayed. After that it would halt for about ten seconds (not normal behavior) at the above position, then drop to the bed without crashing but immediately reversing direction and hitting the endstops, causing the steppers to stall.

The above situations occurred repeatedly and seemingly at random on various print files, the one odd exception was the printer completing the skirt but then heading up toward the home position again.

Firmware has been reflashed using a fresh AnyCubic download and updating the configuration.h file in Marlin.

Not only am I rather frustrated at this point but quite curious as well! As always, help is much appreciated.

- Michael

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2018 05:11PM by papilio.
Re: Looks like corrupt firmware -- AnyCubic
January 27, 2018 05:50AM
You may have corrupted the eeprom, Run the 'clear eeprom ' sketch in the arduino tools, then re flash the firmware.
January 27, 2018 10:04AM
Thank you obewan, that sounds likely.

I'm having trouble locating info on doing as you suggest, from what I'm seeing by Googling it appears not too hard to brick the Ardiuno if not done correctly.
I may need a bit of hand-holding -- might somebody be able to point me in the proper direction? Thanks again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2018 05:09PM by papilio.
January 29, 2018 08:35AM
start arduino
goto file/examples/eeprom/eeprom_clear
click the upload button (->)
that will clear all data from the eeprom
now upload your firmware.

hope it works smiling smiley
January 30, 2018 02:15AM
Thanks so much obewan, just what I was hoping to learn. Sadly, no improvement.

Any other ideas out there?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login