Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please help on Extrusion Multiplier

Posted by Balaji121 
Please help on Extrusion Multiplier
February 03, 2018 06:10AM
Hi,on my newly built Reprap printer,the material is not extruded properly at regular intervals.Checked with multiple speeds (30,45,60 mm/s) and changed extrusion multiplier as guided in 3D Hubs.
I'm using Slic3r in repetier firmware for printing.
Please find images at below link and suggest me what is the exact error and how to rectify it.

[drive.google.com]
[drive.google.com]

Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2018 01:53PM by Balaji121.
Re: Please help on Extrusion Multiplier
February 04, 2018 12:08AM
extrusion multiply is for a small correction

thats huge!

Check your filament pulley is secure on its shaft then go back to extruding 100mm of filament and measure how much is actually taken in... correct steps/mm
check you firmament diameter is correctly in your slicing software and your nozzle diameter.
February 04, 2018 12:24AM
That looks like maybe the extruder motor cable is intermittent. Also make sure that the pinch roller pressure is high so that the drive gear teeth bite deeply into the filament. Make sure the drive gear is clean. Make sure hot end temperature is adequate and constant- run PID autotune on the hot-end heater and update the configuration with the values returned by the controller.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
February 05, 2018 07:25AM
Im with the Dentist. Looks very like what i have seen with poor temperature control. If you have host software look at the graph of temperature to see if it is stable around the target temperature. If you have an LCD watch the temperature on that. It should be within a few degrees of target.
Assuming the wiring, heater and thermistor are not loose it could be a failed driver on the controller or a failed capacitor.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login