Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A painfull print

Posted by Nabbissimo 
A painfull print
February 19, 2018 04:14AM
Greetings to everyone,
I'm happy to be a part of 3D printing community but I have to say that sometimes it's really hard to not go out of mind.
You know when you're beginner into 3D printing and you promise something to a friend of your and then you totally regret that promise? Well that's what happened to me.

I've encountered a lot of printing issues about printing this object(it should be a plato statue).

This is the object:

My calibration method:
I used a heatsink block to calibrate the z-axes and a little sheet of paper to calibrate the bed (I wish to know other reliable methods).

Some upgrades:
I previosly printed a front and rear bracket for my prusa i3 clone and I updated the marlin firmware to 1.1.5.

Issues encountered:
The main issue was the little contact area of the object that I tried to reduce by increasing the brim around, but intially it wasn't working, in the end I was able to print because a I've put glue on the glass plate (anycubic one) so that the object was surely done. But this is the most disturbing thing, even if I set the z-offset to 0,5mm, during the printing process it seems to be lower and lower from the layer, so it touch the object and it detach from the plate (until certain layer height).
Now as you can see I don't use autobed levelling or Octoprint, just because for now I can't afford this things(also I don't like to waste a raspberry py for octoprint).
Another issue that you can see from the picture are that kind of halos at the base of the little statue(10cm).

Why do I have and how can I solve this issues?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2018 04:45AM by Nabbissimo.
Attachments:
open | download - photo_2018-02-19_09-52-30.jpg (86.5 KB)
open | download - photo_2018-02-19_09-52-24.jpg (86.8 KB)
VDX
Re: A painfull print
February 19, 2018 04:33AM
... some of this issues can be reduced by adding some struts/support (not the automated vertical, but manually) around the figure with small/pointy contact area to the figure, what can be removed afterwards.

Then maybe another filament colour ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 19, 2018 04:49AM
There are two attachments so that you can see imperfections better, but my main issue is this, even if I set the z-offset to 0,5mm, during the printing process it seems to be lower and lower from the layer, so it touch the object and it detach from the plate (until certain layer height).

I'm sorry for filament colour but a Plato statue wasn't the main print idea.
February 19, 2018 07:51AM
You used a heatsink to "calibrate" Z?

You need to do two things: set the Z=0 position and set steps/mm. Put a piece of paper under the nozzle and lower the extruder until it just grabs the paper. Set Z=0.
Now print a part that's exactly 100 mm tall, and measure it. Use that to set steps/mm.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
February 19, 2018 08:00AM
the_digital_dentist

You need to do two things: set the Z=0 position and set steps/mm. Put a piece of paper under the nozzle and lower the extruder until it just grabs the paper. Set Z=0.
Now print a part that's exactly 100 mm tall, and measure it. Use that to set steps/mm.

He could do a 'Vase Mode' test at the same time. So he knows also about it's extrusion.
February 19, 2018 08:02AM
chriske
the_digital_dentist

He could do a 'Vase Mode' test at the same time. So he knows also about it's extrusion.

Thanks guys I'm gonna try this two things.

I used a heatsink because was big, tall and stable, while a caliber doesn't seem to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2018 08:02AM by Nabbissimo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login