Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Make a temptower, they say, to found optimal temperature.

Posted by kapperi 
Make a temptower, they say, to found optimal temperature.
February 27, 2018 12:17AM
Picture tells it all. Luckily I printed that so that I found optimal temp for that abs filament, NOT....
Attachments:
open | download - rps20180227_071422.jpg (275.2 KB)
Re: Make a temptower, they say, to found optimal temperature.
February 27, 2018 01:38AM
looks like you have other problems to deal with, but 245 looks best there.

What is the air temp in your enclosure? Were you running your print fan?
what speed were you printing at?
have you calibrated your extrusion, I see some blobs here and there that could be over extruding....
February 27, 2018 02:51AM
I'd choose 235°, because the overhanging structure to the right looks best amongst all the others.
Wonder, why all the left overhangs look much better?
February 27, 2018 07:16AM
It isn't just about bridges/overhangs. Now you do destructive testing to see which holds together best.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
February 27, 2018 07:58AM
It´s a bad picture, it was better looking in nature...

JustSumGuy there´s no enclosure at all, no fan blowing to the part. I was printing for about 50mm/s but with 450mm/s2 acceleration. Layerheight is 0.3mm

Extruding is calibrated and it is dead on. I calibrated it six times...

Digital Dentist destructive test is useless, no noticeable weaker points... Very hard to get off from heatbed.

How to get rid of those blops, It´s only in the corners, or where the nozzle changes direction. Could it be that my acceleration is too slow? Another thing is that, extrude looks like punch of thin strings glued together, but with petg it was solidmass (layerheight?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2018 08:00AM by kapperi.
February 27, 2018 12:11PM
It is possible to print ABS without an enclosure, I have done it in the summer when the weather is really hot out.

I don't know where you live, but if you can keep the temp around your printer above say around 25c you should be able to make some ok prints with ABS if they are small enough to avoid shrinkage issues.

IMO, stop....... You need an enclosure. As soon as you get going with a larger more robust prints the shrinkage and layer separation will drive you crazy!

Try PETG if you feel the need to avoid PLA for some reason, I avoid PLA so I know where your coming from...

corner blops... maybe belt tension...
February 27, 2018 12:47PM
I know petg, but it is painfully slow to print with my printer. Maximum is 25mm/s.

Actually I have done some ABS printing now and its not that bad. Only problem is quality and bed adhesion is way too strong.
Attachments:
open | download - rps20180227_194611_634.jpg (101.4 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login