Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer stop midprint and restarts

Posted by Fundak 
Printer stop midprint and restarts
March 08, 2018 05:14PM
Hi,
I'm having strange problem with my prusa. Basicly it starts printing, then midprint jerks, stop and resets. I don't know how to properly explain it, so here's the video of it. The sound is coming from printer.

https://youtu.be/iWKywpQs9-0

It happens always, with decresing time after each start (it stucks earlier with each print).

Stepstick are about 50 celsius for X and Y, 60 for Z. Board near power have 55, rest about 30.

Had a few small successful test prints (like they have finished, not that they ware good quality but I'm still calibrating), and sudenly such thing started to happen. I'm using ABS and heating bed to 90/80, and hotend to 250/240.

My setup is Rumba board with DRV8825 stepstick, all set to 1/32 resolution. Printing form SD cad of full graphic smart controller. 300W ATX power source, 4 axis motors + three extruders (but using only one for now). Heatbed MK3.

Anyone had such problem or know what could happening?
Re: Printer stop midprint and restarts
March 09, 2018 10:04AM
The way the backlight on the display flickers as it resets i would be suspicious of the 5 volt regulator on the rumba overheating, some full graphic displays need a lot of power.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login