Under extruding when I increase the layer height- RAMPS
March 26, 2018 08:23AM
I recently installed RAMPS / Marlin on a Wanhao i3+ (after I fried the stock Melzi board). At first I was having great trouble getting the extruder to work consistently, it was under extruding, blobbing and missing steps. This is how it was printing when I first tested it, after installing RAMPS:



After trying pretty much everything else I worked out that the current to the extruder was probably too low. So I dialled up the trimpot on the driver, and finally started getting consistently correct extrusion from it.

That was until I tried increasing the layer height from 0.1 to 0.2mm. When I did that the first layer looked like spiderwebs.



The lines were pretty consistent (unlike before), but there was just not enough filament. I increased the flow eventually getting up to 120% to fix it for that print, which seemed enough for the bottom layer to work but it still ended up curling up at a corner, and about ninety percent of the way through one of the layers split.

I used Cura, using line height=0.2, initial line height=0.2, speed 60mm/s, initial layer / wall / top / bottom speed 30mm/s. Can anyone think of a reason this might be happening.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2018 05:12PM by stib.
Re: Under extruding when I increase the layer height- RAMPS
March 27, 2018 03:13AM
Instead of increasing the extrusion rate, you could babystep the nozzle down until the layer is solid. That way you also create more squish, so the layer will stay on the bed.
Alternatively, you can change the probe height. ( in FW or in slicer startcode )
Re: Under extruding when I increase the layer height- RAMPS
March 27, 2018 08:18AM
Also, make sure you have the correct nozzle diameter set in the slicer settings.
Re: Under extruding when I increase the layer height- RAMPS
April 07, 2018 03:39PM
I had a similar problem. I recalubrated the extruder. I marked 10cm of flament from entrance hole of extruder. Than i extruded 10cm of flament with software interface. Then i measured the mark on flament. It was 1cm away from entrance. I chek the steps of extruder motor from marlun on lcd. It was 100. Recalculated the steps
100x100=90xX
X=111.1

I adjust the extruder motor steps to 111 on lcd. Saved to eprom.

And the problem solved.



1000
Attachments:
open | download - 20180407_142032.jpg (474.1 KB)
open | download - 20180407_160037.jpg (459.6 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login