Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hictop Prusa i3 stops extruding at the same place in part

Posted by TheOrvinator 
Hictop Prusa i3 stops extruding at the same place in part
March 26, 2018 01:44PM
Hi guys,
Thanks in advance for your help! I have a Hictop 3DP-12 Prusa i3.
I've been trying to print a certain part, and it prints beautifully up until a certain point towards the end of the print. This is a point where there is a series of small extrusions being made.
So far, I've tried:
- Replacing hotend cooling fan
- Replacing part cooling fan
- Replacing controller board
- Changing filament spools
- Changing extruder stepper motor
- Replacing hotend assembly (throat, PTFE, nozzle, heating element, temperature sensor)
- Changing extruder stepper drivers
- Reflashing the software
- Reuploading the part file
- Changing the extruder motor cable
I didn't really change anything when this started happening. I had just swapped out the extruder motor cable and that fixed a different problem. Then I printed several beautiful parts, before this started happening.
Any thoughts? Again, thanks in advance.
Matt
Re: Hictop Prusa i3 stops extruding at the same place in part
March 26, 2018 01:49PM
I forgot to add what the actual problem is!
The filament just stops extruding, and the printer carries on printing nothing until the part finishes.
March 26, 2018 05:01PM
Have you tried using a different slicer?
March 26, 2018 06:11PM
I haven't tried that, it intimidates me a bit because I've never used any but Cura before. Cura has been working great for me, up until this issue, though.
March 27, 2018 10:11AM
And as much as it might seem like common sense... Have you tried re-slicing the same part?

I had one print where the printer gave me some error. I thought that it just somehow went overtemp, but then I restarted the print, and it did exactly the same thing, in exactly the same spot. I re-sliced the file, and then it printed fine. Try making a small change to infill settings, or rotate the model 180 degrees to force the gcode to be slightly different.

MBot3D Printer
MakerBot clone Kit from Amazon
Added heated bed.

Leadscrew self-built printer (in progress)
Duet Wifi, Precision Piezo parts
March 28, 2018 12:27AM
I've tried re-slicing it, but the only difference was moving the part to the side, so I'm not sure if that was enough to force a significantly different gcode.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login