Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need some assistance (Hypercube Evoloution, Core XY, Rumba, Marlin)

Posted by Eisbar 
Need some assistance (Hypercube Evoloution, Core XY, Rumba, Marlin)
April 05, 2018 06:32AM
Hi all, hope your all well!

I've got a bit of a problem with my 3D printer and was hoping someone here could maybe open my eyes and show where I have gone wrong.

I'll try and give you guys as much information as possible to allow you guys to catch up to where I am on the build. Pictures will follow later today.

So i'm having problems with the motors, the Z axis will only move in a positive way. It moves great no noise and smooth, but when you tell it to go the other way, you hear the motors (weird small vibration noise) turn but they still counter clockwise, so the hotbed still moves down but not up.

The other problem is due to the X and Y axis. The movement is lets say, non existent. You try and move the X axis and the carriage will budge a bit (doesn't matter if you choose 1mm or 10mm). It does the same with the Y axis aswell.

So now to the stuff I've done. I checked all my end-stops (used G-Code M119) and all end-stops were triggered, so inverted them in config.h so now they are all open. Hoped that solved it but it didn't.

Checked the motor drivers (A4988), found somewhere online that 0.4v = 1 amp is a good choice to have on these drivers, so whipped the voltmeter out and changed them to that setting. Still no change.

The thing which makes me thing its the motors that if I help the motor when turning (Manually by hand), they turn better or actually do as they should (X,Y,Z).

I've attached my config.h file so that you guys and see it NewMarlinConfigFile.txt.

I'll upload some picture of the printer later on today.

Cheers

TLDR: Z axis only moves in one direction, X & Y axis barely moves at all.... need help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2018 06:32AM by Eisbar.
Re: Need some assistance (Hypercube Evoloution, Core XY, Rumba, Marlin)
April 05, 2018 06:47AM
See: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
and

[drmrehorst.blogspot.com]

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
April 05, 2018 08:13AM
Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna read them now.

Here are some photos of the hyper cube at its current state.

[s557.photobucket.com]
April 05, 2018 08:38AM
I've uploaded a video to youtube showing the Z axis problem.

[youtu.be]
April 05, 2018 10:00AM

Checked the motor drivers (A4988), found somewhere online that 0.4v = 1 amp

There are at least three different version of the A4988 regarding Vref adjustment. You have to find out the value of your shunt resistors ( 0.05r, 0.1r, 0.2r ) and calculate from there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2018 10:01AM by o_lampe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login