Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anet A8 bad/inconsistant extrusion after changing nozzle

Posted by HugoG 
Anet A8 bad/inconsistant extrusion after changing nozzle
May 02, 2018 05:22PM
I just changed my nozzle on my Anet A8 after it was fully used up. When I started printing with my new 0.4mm nozzle (same as before) my extrusion [imgur.com] was VERY bad and inconsistant, even so bad I couldn't continue printing because it would pull the first layer off.

If I compare it to my extrusion [imgur.com] before the nozzle switch, it is really bad, even though I tightened everything as before. I am quite sure it doesn't have to do with adhesion to the heated bed since I use tape with pva glue.

Any advice on how to remove this under extrusion so I can continue printing?

All the specs:

• 25mm/s first layer print speed
  • 200C nozzle
  • 60C bed
  • PLA material
  • 0.4mm nozzle size

Let me know if there is anything else you need to know.
Re: Anet A8 bad/inconsistant extrusion after changing nozzle
May 02, 2018 06:22PM
Is your extruder motor skipping steps? If so, it's most likely a problem of a blocked/deformed filament path that was caused after you reassembled your hot end.

It may also be a low quality nozzle, where did you get it?
May 03, 2018 03:55AM
As far as I can tell it is not skipping steps, since I can't hear any clicks or similar sounds. I don't think it's the path to the nozzle either, since when I dissembled it I cleaned the throat, nozzle and heatblock out because I had some leaking. These are the nozzles I bought: [www.gearbest.com] . If it is the nozzle, how would I know and how would I be able to make it print again?
May 03, 2018 06:24PM
It looks like your nozzle is slightly undersized or you have a clogged nozzle, if you have the tools you could try drilling it out to .4 or .5mm. For now try changing your nozzle diameter to 0.35 or 0.3mm in you slicer.

Also check your filament diameter with calipers too, I doubt this is the problem but it doesn't hurt to check.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2018 06:26PM by Alex_1234.
May 04, 2018 04:37AM
I have checked the filament size if I push it out of the nozzle, and that is 0.42 mm, so not a problem. Right now I don't have another nozzle to put on so I will have to deal with it. My filament is exactly 1.75 mm so that isn't the problem either. I'm kinda running out of options here, so I'm just going to try to change some settings or something.
May 07, 2018 11:15AM
HugoG
I have checked the filament size if I push it out of the nozzle, and that is 0.42 mm, so not a problem. Right now I don't have another nozzle to put on so I will have to deal with it. My filament is exactly 1.75 mm so that isn't the problem either. I'm kinda running out of options here, so I'm just going to try to change some settings or something.

That looks like you may be having some issues with either water soaked filament, and or your extruder may be slipping against the plastic. Can you hear any snap crackle or pop from the nozzel? that would indicate water boiling in the filament.
Can you increase the tension of the extruder gear on the filament?
May 08, 2018 10:19PM
Just thought of something; check that you extruder gear is properly mounted on the motor shaft and tighten the grub screw.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login