Autolevel doesn´t compensate enough
May 13, 2018 08:38AM
Software: Marlin 1.1.8 bugfix
Slicer: Cura 3.3.1
Sensor: capacitive
Printer: Hypercube Evolution
Autolevel method: bilinear 4 point

Hello everyone,

1st problem: Although my Z offset is correct, the printer is too close to the printbed but only on the back of the printbed, prints fine on the front of the printbed. The Z motor moves while printing but seems like its not enough to compensate for the bed tilt.
2nd problem: The distance between each layer is too big and therefore the next layer is always a little bit too thin and doesnt adhere to the previous layer enough. My Steps per mm have been calibrated properly so it cant be that.

Can someone maybe help me with these issues please?
Re: Autolevel doesn´t compensate enough
May 13, 2018 10:17AM
Kutulu

1st problem: Although my Z offset is correct, the printer is too close to the printbed but only on the back of the printbed, prints fine on the front of the printbed. The Z motor moves while printing but seems like its not enough to compensate for the bed tilt.
2nd problem: The distance between each layer is too big and therefore the next layer is always a little bit too thin and doesnt adhere to the previous layer enough. My Steps per mm have been calibrated properly so it cant be that.
Suggestion to help with bed leveling.
They say Bed leveling data cannot be saved, however I have been saving the data for over a year with Linear and Bi-Linear Bed Leveling.

Bed leveling Can be accomplished then you can save the data. I use a larger Mesh 5y by 4x matrix.

I know that the Saving Bed Data was reserved for Unified Bed Leveling, I found some of the commands function for Linear and Bi-Linear Bed Leveling.
Using Bed Leveling Command G29 - Automatic Bed Leveling or "Bed leveling" from the Menu.
Then save the bed leveling data Using the M500 or "Store Settings" from the Menu.

In your Slicer's Startup G-Code after the last G92 add M420 to turn on bed leveling and restore the data for Print.

G92 E0 ;reset extruder length
M420 S1 ; Bed Leveling On

M420: Enable/Disable Bed Leveling and/or set the Z fade height.
S[bool] Turns leveling on or off
Z[height] Sets the Z fade height (0 or none to disable)
V[bool] Verbose - Print the leveling grid
Send M501 ; Load data
Send a M420 V ; Print the leveling grid
Z-Offset
Z-Offset " M851 Z-0.44 " Sets the Z-offset the input -00.44
May 13, 2018 11:44AM
if i do that, it starts too far away from the bed (although i´ve changed the offset) but i think the issue lies somewhere else but i dont know where grinning smiley
May 13, 2018 12:26PM
{In the beginning, used the Z-Offset in the Menu Click "Control" Click "Motion" change "Z-Offset"
And every time I bumped the bed it seemed like had to add more Z-Offset taking forever to calibrate the distance.}

Finally gave up and went to the Manually adjustable Sensor, even tried Z-Offset " M851 Z-0.00 " Sets the Z-offset the input -?.??

I have my Proximity sensor on a thumb screw adjustable mount.

If the nozzle is too high above the bed, can simply turn the thumb screw counterclockwise to decrease the spacing or clockwise to increase the spacing.
Fought with calculating the correct numbers for so long found it easier to move the sensor to change the spacing.
Have Baby stepping enabled so I can quickly adjust that perfect height while printing a 2 line skirt. This is rarely used on very complex shapes.
[www.thingiverse.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2018 12:30PM by Roberts_Clif.
May 14, 2018 03:05AM
The issue isnt the nozzle being too far from the bed its rather the autolevel not compensating enough for the bed tilt and therefore i end up with one side too thin and one side too thick
May 14, 2018 08:57AM
OK!

Explain the sequence of how you are doing the auto leveling?
May 14, 2018 03:12PM
Okay first of all i set the z offset by homing and then moving the nozzle to where the sensor was. After that i just run a gcode file that ive created in cura, i use the regular setting but ive added a G29 after the G28 command.
May 14, 2018 04:33PM
Maybe i should try a different bed leveling method?
May 14, 2018 04:58PM
Kutulu
Maybe i should try a different bed leveling method?

I use Bi-linear Auto level with 20 point you should not have problems.
Post the G-Code file that you have created in Cura, you may have a G-Code syntax.
May 15, 2018 12:55AM
Start G-Code:

G28 ;Home
G29 ;autolevel
G1 Z15.0 F6000 ;Move the platform down 15mm
;Prime the extruder
G92 E0
G1 F200 E3
G92 E0
May 15, 2018 07:59AM
Kutulu
Start G-Code:

G28 ;Home
G29 ;autolevel
G1 Z15.0 F6000 ;Move the platform down 15mm
;Prime the extruder
G92 E0
G1 F200 E3
G92 E0

Now we are getting some place the G29 has to be located after the last G92. If not "G92 E0" will render the G29 bed leveling data obsolete. (ERASED)

In my G-Code Bed Leveling Data is already saved Using M500, then just restore the bed leveling data using M420 S1 ; Bed Leveling On watch Video.

[youtu.be]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2018 08:09AM by Roberts_Clif.
May 15, 2018 09:43AM
Tried it but its still too high on one side sad smiley
May 26, 2018 01:38AM
Your bed or y axis might be bent?
Marlin calculates the bed height differences and adjust the z axis for it. But the result is not as expected.
Is it possible that you have sttuctural mechanical problem?
Like not orthagonal axis?(y z axis angulation)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2018 01:39AM by serdar415.
May 26, 2018 02:49AM
I dont think that the y axis rods are actually bent. I'll check on the y and z axis angulation but i highly doubt that thats the problem. Ive ordered an mks sbase board and ill use smoothieware, maybe this will fix it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login