Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing Dimensions/scale issues - Kossel

Posted by projecteae 
Printing Dimensions/scale issues - Kossel
June 18, 2018 02:41AM
Hey everyone,

My Kossel XL is having some issue with printing certain dimensions accurately. Its able to print test cubes without issue, but while printing a part- I came across a problem.

While the length, width, and height is correct- the clearance for a screw didn't print perfectly circular on the Z axis. Instead, it came out oval shaped.

Any tips would be helpful. Thanks.
Re: Printing Dimensions/scale issues - Kossel
June 18, 2018 10:35AM
I have the same printer and the same problem.

I solved it by adjusting the Kossel rod length in firmware until the circles were round, then changing the size in cura until the part were the right size.

Don't expect the holes to be perfectly accurate, 3D printed holes tend to be 0.2-0.5mm to small.
Re: Printing Dimensions/scale issues - Kossel
October 22, 2018 07:10AM
Alex_1234
I have the same printer and the same problem.

I solved it by adjusting the Kossel rod length in firmware until the circles were round, then changing the size in cura until the part were the right size.

Don't expect the holes to be perfectly accurate, 3D printed holes tend to be 0.2-0.5mm to small.

Thanks for the reply! Since then, I took a break from 3d printing but I'm back at it again now. When you say "change the size" in cura- what settings are you referring to in Cura? Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login