Posted by G91N 
HOT END AUTOMATICALLY SWITCHES OFF DURING PRINTING
June 25, 2018 02:40PM
Prusa i3 Sunhokey
Ramps 1.4 + MEGA / MK4 Marlin v4.3.6
Repetier Host - Cura Engine / Slic3r

Heat bed temp 55°C
Hot End temp 190°C

I printed a 20x20x20 calibration cube with no problems.
The printer reach the temp perfectly, infact I have tuned the PID for both components.

But when I go to print any other object I encountered a problem.
The print starts and deposit on the plate the first layer normally, also the second and so on.
After random (30-45 min) time the hot end automatically switches it off during the printing.
Obviously lowering the temperature, the extruder stops because the minimum operating limit is 170 ° C

BUT continuous printing and the z axis rises layer by layer, so the hot end moves empty

Could someone help me?
I can not tell if it's a hardware or software problem
Re: HOT END AUTOMATICALLY SWITCHES OFF DURING PRINTING
June 26, 2018 12:38AM
It sounds like a hardware problem. Check that the heater cartridges connection to the control board is good. if you have a multimeter you can check the resistance over the cartridge while flexing the wires and see if it changers significantly. I would also recommend you replace the heater cartridge if the problem doesn't go away.

I have had this problem too and solved it by soldering the crimp connections where the wires meet the heater.
Re: HOT END AUTOMATICALLY SWITCHES OFF DURING PRINTING
June 26, 2018 07:17AM
The absurd thing is during printing, the hot end and the heated plate switch off.
During printing, in the manual control panel of the repetier host I press the buttons for the hot end and the plate and they turn on and reach the set temperature.
This means that I have to be perpetually in front of the PC to monitor that they do not go out.
Punctually after a certain period of time they turn off and to solve it as long as I manually turn them on from the repetier host control panel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login