Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bilinear Mesh Failure

Posted by rencheple 
Bilinear Mesh Failure
July 09, 2018 06:20PM
Greetings.

I'm having an auto leveling problem that I cannot seem to work out and am seeking help.I have an Anet A8 Prusa i3 printer with a Roko induction auto level sensor. I am configured for bilinear bed leveling with 6 subdivisions (up from the initial 3 as a result of troubleshooting). Configuration.h file is attached for reference.

This may well be a case of ignorance on my part. My understanding of the bilinear auto leveling method is that the system builds a virtual mesh based on the probe readings it takes at each reading's coordinates. Then, during printing, it will recalculate the Z0 value relative to the measured mesh points around the current printhead location. In this way, the extruder nozzle should remain a relatively consistent distance from the print bed.

My problem is that it isn't consistent. After preheating the bed and running G29, I do the ol' piece of paper offset check, and these are the adjustments I have to make at nine points across the bed to reach the paper:

X15 X110 X205
Y205 -0.3 -0.4 -0.6
Y110 0 0 -0.4
Y15 0.4 0 -0.3

I've tried ensuring the bed is level to the surface the printer sits on as well as ensuring each corner of the bed is the same distance to the carriage sled to within 1/10th of a millimeter. I'm sure it must be something I am doing wrong or a problem with my configuration, but I'm at my wits end trying to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Tim Martin
Computer Geek/Stentorian
Nos hortari ridiculam vultus
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (66 KB)
Re: Bilinear Mesh Failure
July 09, 2018 07:35PM
Your numbers seem correct.

//#define ENABLE_LEVELING_FADE_HEIGHT

I have a Similar 3D Printer I have problems when this line is enabled "//#define ENABLE_LEVELING_FADE_HEIGHT" if fades right into the Bed every time I use auto-bed Leveling.

Did you know after you have leveled the Bed you can save the data using Menu "Store Settings" or G-Code "M500."
In you slicer you can insert "M420 S1 ; Bed Leveling On" an restore the data. I enter this line after the Last G92 in the slicers startup G-Code.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2018 08:28AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login