Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with printing PETG

Posted by Seb90 
Problem with printing PETG
July 14, 2018 11:17AM
Hello guys,
I bought a spool of PETG and tried to print it with a little tweaked good working PLA configuration, but had so much trouble...
My first layer is printing just fine, but right after the nozzle seems to collect the PETG at the outside and so i can´t print support or infill. it just doesn´t stick to the already printed part.
Tried with different temperatures between 220 to 245, with cooling fan 100% 50% 30% and without reduced Printspeed to 30mm/s and acceleration to 500 mm/s^2
tried with reduced flow but just cant get any close to good results. Dunno what to do next, can u help me pls?
Attachments:
open | download - 1.jpg (826 KB)
open | download - 2.jpg (683.3 KB)
Re: Problem with printing PETG
July 15, 2018 12:08AM
What slicer are you using?

If you use cura you can set the infill line width. Try setting it to 130% of you nozzle diameter.
July 15, 2018 04:06AM
130% Infill width improved the print alot, not quite sure if the layer adhesion is that good, but at least i got a print result to work with! Thanks!
August 03, 2018 01:23PM
For petg I like to print at .25 mm height instead of .2 with my .4 nozzle. I also increase the default extrusion width from .48 to .5-.52 in addition to increasing the infill extrusion width. This taller wider extrusion seems to work quite well. On larger parts rectilinear infill will not work as the strings of petg cool. Honeycomb is usually better.

PETG is also quite slippery on certain drive gears so extra tension and slower print speeds dont hurt.
September 06, 2018 01:13PM
I find that I need to slow a PETG print down a little from PLA. Also, I sometimes need to up the flow rate. I always run a on the hotter side of the range as well.
PETG likes to get the "smoosh" from more volume, not a closer squeeze like PLA.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login