Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another soft ware question

Posted by skaha 
Another soft ware question
July 17, 2018 06:31PM
Hi if I go into Marlin/Arduino and find the ino file, download it my printer will not run, I asked for and received the original download, if I open it in to Arduino builder, the builders file (hex file) will open and flash, my printer then works, my question is how do I include the two files into one, I want to change print start position and the steps per mm for my new extruder (Titan Aero E3d)?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Terry
Re: Another soft ware question
July 17, 2018 07:15PM
From a User interface that will allows you to send G-Codes to the Printer send a M503

Some use Pronterface, I use Cura 15.04.6 it has a version of Pronterface built in.
This will display most of the setting you will need to manually enter into the Configuration.h file
Copy this information paste into a document and save you will need the data to upgrade to Marlin for you 3D Printer.

Your 3D Printers Configuration.h file may have already been created by someone. Please post What model 3D Printer you have.

If you need help entering the data lots of forum users can walk you though it.

[marlinfw.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2018 07:19PM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Re: Another soft ware question
July 18, 2018 04:16PM
Thanks for your reply the printer is a JGAURORA 3. I have the builders file in a hex file, I can open this file with Arduino builder, it allows me to flash the file. but this does not put it into the configuration h.The file the printer came with is Marlin 1.0.
I have installed a gear drive extruder and need to change settings, also would like to change where the print lands on the bed (center). I guess what I am asking is how do I change a setting in configuration h, it seems if I do it doesn't make a difference, when I reopen config h, I find the original setting is there even tho I have saved the change and loaded it??

Terry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login