Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NEED FIRMWARE HELP

Posted by skaha 
NEED FIRMWARE HELP
July 24, 2018 08:34PM
I have aJGAURORA printer, I have installed a geared extruder, thru trial and error I have found 500 steps per mm works. My problem is along with the normal configuration file I have a hex file from the builder that I can open with Arduino builder. If I flash the reg H file the machine will not run unless I also flash the Hex file, in the Hex file it has the steps per unit for the extruder at E96, this over rides the change in the config H file. I don't know if this makes sense to you, any thoughts ?
Terry.
Re: NEED FIRMWARE HELP
July 25, 2018 03:33AM
If the eeprom on your board is enabled in the firmware, you should be able to edit the E steps directly in eeprom
July 25, 2018 05:52PM
Thanks for the comeback, yes I can edit the steps in the e-prom but when I finish the print it reverts back to the wrong setting.
July 26, 2018 11:16AM
There should be a 'save settings' menu item somewhere.

Please find a video on configuring firmware. You dont flash *.h files to the controller.
OR please dont use 'H' to mean hex files., cause you confuse the hell out of me.

Also be aware that if a system uses eeprom, and you rebuild/reinstall a hex firmware, you need to reinitialize the eeprom, there should be a menu item for this too.
Otherwise the firmware will simply reload the settings from eeprom and you will wonder why the settings dont change.
August 03, 2018 01:16PM
set your e steps with gcode then M500 to save and begin each print with M501 to load
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login