Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta Strangness

Posted by DaGameFace 
Delta Strangness
August 03, 2018 08:24AM
Sorry a couple of them are blurry but I kept the camera in the same orientation for all of them.

[imgur.com]

Ive been having trouble tracking down what is causing these issues. At this point I think its caused by the lackluster frame and kinematics of the rostock max v1.
Anyone seen this kind of inconsistent movement? The outer perimeters are always in the right location but the bottom middle and top infill are sometimes offset
Re: Delta Strangness
August 04, 2018 01:43AM
I see gaps in the perimeters too. Around 5 and 11 o'clock in the total top view image.
You either have binding or slack in your mechanics.
August 04, 2018 09:18PM
o_lampe
I see gaps in the perimeters too. Around 5 and 11 o'clock in the total top view image.
You either have binding or slack in your mechanics.

Yeah I hadnt noticed those perimeters until after posting, the mechanics definitely dont bind and had already tried to remove the slack by tightening anything that made sense the results were the imgur album in the first post. I was Just hoping that there was something I hadnt considerd.

Now i have hooked up some rubber bands to apply tension to all of the diagonals and initially its seems to have improved print quality. I will be reprinting the same part later.
August 05, 2018 02:18AM

This was my approach to remove all slop in the mechanics until I changed to magnetic rods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2018 02:20AM by o_lampe.
August 05, 2018 03:38PM
Interesting setup with those bands. Ooh and linear rails? Id like to see how well that thing prints.

My solution wasnt as good, it improved the print somewhat but its still not great. New pictures are the last three in the same imgur link above. Its going to have to do for now untill I do a printer overhaul
September 06, 2018 01:10PM
I put springs between each pair of rods on my deltas. It makes them vibrate less and really tightens up the action. The longer the rods, the worse it gets...

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login