Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with external walls of the print

Posted by tom678 
Problem with external walls of the print
September 05, 2018 05:32AM
Hi guys!

I am trying to fix/calibrate my ModelMax 1.5. It is getting better and better, but not I have issues with external sides of the print.

Sometime it is OK, sometime I get this hanging/pulled filament which looks bad on side walls. Also, from time to time, the holes have this filament strings in the middle... as in attached files.

Any idea which parameter I could tweak? Probably I will play with temperatures of filament and retraction options. But maybe there is something I might miss?

Thanks in advance!
Tomasz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2018 08:34AM by tom678.
Re: Problem with external walls of the print
September 05, 2018 10:02AM
I don't know if this is the issue, but sometimes when the print head crosses a perimeter, it can pick up a strand of deposited filament and move it. Slic3r has an "avoid crossing perimeters" setting to avoid this.

Still, it shouldn't happen.

When does it happen? If it's the nozzle dragging something loose, that's a different problem than if it happens when the layer starts. Keep watch of when it happens, and that should give you a hint as to the solution.

If it happens when the nozzle makes non-print moves, and some plastic oozes from the nozzle, that's something to look at retraction. If it happens when the nozzle moves away from or crosses the perimeter line, then that's a different issue.

MBot3D Printer
MakerBot clone Kit from Amazon
Added heated bed.

Leadscrew self-built printer (in progress)
Duet Wifi, Precision Piezo parts
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login