Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dual Extrusion drooling how to solve?

Posted by dlc60 
Dual Extrusion drooling how to solve?
September 21, 2018 06:03PM
Hey all,

I have been tinkering with a clone E3D Chimera on my Tevo Tarantula and am getting pretty close to "good".
I have attached a series of pictures of a Thingiverse dual head Moai print. Note that front, back and left side look decent. But, the right side gets ext0's drool mixed in with Ext1's filament during the print. It is probably just drooling.

My question is this. What will do the best job stopping this drool? Reduce heat (and risk bad adhesion), increase retraction (and risk filament jam), increase/decrese retract speed?
What is the best trick? I'll eventually figure it out, but... Anyway, I have my nozzle offsets spot on according to a couple of alignment prints I have tried. I have two different filaments in this setup, but both have the same temperature range and I am running them both near the middle of the suggested print temperatures (190-210, running at 200, .2mm layer, .4mm nozzle, Simplify3D software).

many thanks,
DLC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2018 06:04PM by dlc60.

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Re: Dual Extrusion drooling how to solve?
September 22, 2018 02:29AM
Does simplify3D have a 'wipe tower' option? Or does it allow to print the skirt the same height than the part? ( prime tower and wipe tower combo )
If not, give slic3r a try.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2018 02:32AM by o_lampe.
Re: Dual Extrusion drooling how to solve?
September 23, 2018 01:18AM
o_lampe
Does simplify3D have a 'wipe tower' option? Or does it allow to print the skirt the same height than the part? ( prime tower and wipe tower combo )
If not, give slic3r a try.
S3D has priming tower and ooze shield. Both follow the height of the model. I have never used the priming tower since that has never been an issue.
I have been experimenting and found a combo of these three things does pretty well:
Dropped temperature 20C
Retracting 0.5mm more
Moved ooze shield from 3mm away to 4mm.
Things look pretty good, but there are still tiny nits of the wrong color here and there. This may be as good as it gets from a Tevo Tarantula base and clone Chimera.
I have considered looking at Slic3r lately and have gotten pretty good with cura lately too.

Thanks,
DLC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login