Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does Makergeeks.com still exist?

Posted by dlc60 
Does Makergeeks.com still exist?
November 26, 2018 05:36PM
Subject line asks it all.
For those of you that use makergeeks.com, are they actually still there? I am getting advert blast-o-grams from them, so...?
I have tried repeatedly to contact their help line to modify an order and have gotten no responses back. This is not in line with my prior experiences with this company, so I wonder if their plant blew up, they went bankrupt or vanished into the ether for some reason.

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks,
DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Re: Does Makergeeks.com still exist?
December 08, 2018 06:08AM
You probably shouldn't have ordered anything from them. They seem to be sleazy and duplicitous by reputation. It seems like they are raising their skill level on that front with their site changes.
December 08, 2018 06:14AM
"MakerGeeks.com is a Christian and Christ centered company"

This says it all really.
December 16, 2018 03:28AM
same bad experience had to go through a bunch of crap to get a refund
December 26, 2018 07:41AM
They used to be good. Placed many orders with them until this fall.
Last order was a nightmare, had to have my CC company do a chargeback.

I wouldn’t recommend them anymore.

Matt
January 08, 2019 07:16PM
I have given up on them. It would be one thing if they just slow to refund, but after about 50 emails, not a SINGLE response.
Like a year of buying stuff from them is just dumped like I don't even exist anymore.

Like every other loudly self-announced "christian" operation I have dealt with, they turn out to be a ripoff. How do people like that sleep at night?

Gonna start shying away from these types of businesses I think.

bummed AND PO'd,
DLC
January 09, 2019 04:58AM
dlc60

How do people like that sleep at night?

Gonna start shying away from these types of businesses I think.

A fat pillow full of easy earned money helps ! smiling smiley

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
January 29, 2019 12:25PM
Anyone else get this excuse in their email? I offer this response with no comment...

Well, that's no good at all...
Good morning, well as you might know or might not know MakerGeeks.com is having a bit of a rough patch - we have grown and grown and grown over the last 24 months and we finally reached our breaking point over Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2018.

With our equipment issues and not being able to ship all your orders on time we started to run into trouble with the BBB and claims of fraud.

While we in no way took any money fraudulently or with the intent of not shipping we did fully drop the ball and our support team and shipping couldn't keep up with the demand.

So, the drama continues - this Sunday we received an email from Google saying that they had received a report from an anonymous tipster that our website, hosted on Shopify, had a vulnerability and they blocked the website and we were asked to provide a scan to prove that the site was clean of any malicious apps. We did submit the scan as perfectly clean and Google is now reviewing the site to bring it back online.

Talk about bad timing - with the bad press coming out over the weekend and now our website and emails being down ... that sort of reinforces the rumors which is unfortunate to say the least - since we are all here working hard everyday to make and ship filament.

So, you should be up to speed now.... I just wanted to reach out and give you all a way to get in touch with us... we have a work around email at geekHelp@makergeeks.net and we can work with you to provide a FULL refund for anything you are missing - please just email us with your order number and what you are missing from that and we'll get you a full refund right away.

The January 3D Geek Box is shipping out today and you should be getting an email with tracking info very soon this morning.

Right now we have our sister website up and operational at www.filamentgeeks.com and we are running filament today and will have some stock and colors building back up slowly as we try and move through this.

I just want to tell everyone that I apologize for letting this get so out of control; as the founder I know the blame lands on me fully - I know many of you love our filament and have enjoyed our service and I hope we can rebuild and re-start so we can keep bringing you great spools and filament made in the USA.

Joshua b Smith
- Founder
[email protected]

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login