Bonding between perimeter lines, holes - fill, fill to perimeter
January 05, 2019 06:06PM
Slic3R rev 1.3.1-dev

I've played around for a bit understanding how to get decent results for various parts. My latest part has holes in it that support other items. With little effort they snap right out of the body. The attached photo shows why, .

This happens even in the perimeter layers, and between perimeter/ the infill. I've tried for quite some time to resolve the issue.

Please respond with suggestions.

Slice 3R Config Files
Printer- PLAconfig.ini
Filament - PLAconfigHotterby5.ini
Print Settings - PLAconfig.ini
Re: Bonding between perimeter lines, holes - fill, fill to perimeter
January 06, 2019 06:52PM
The issue appeared to be the amount of extruded material. Changing the Slic3R Extrusion Filament Multiplier from 1.0 to 1.10 improved the print a lot, near perfect infill to perimeter and line to line. Increasing it to 1.20 now makes a very solid part.

Given the small printed part I am unsure what the effect would be on a large fill area or thick wall. May cause warping if there is too much filament being printed.
January 09, 2019 12:46PM
Hmmmm, still an issue bonding the fill to perimeter. Easy to snap it off yet it looks good. I'll work on this issue after getting the robot working.
January 09, 2019 07:48PM
What nozzle size are you using? I've seen similar issues with anything larger than 0.4. It's almost like the software is expecting 0.4, and is tuned that way but anything beyond 0.4 or a direct multiplier of 0.4 and things get a tad off.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login