Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anet A8 first layer has changed dramatically

Posted by dlc60 
Anet A8 first layer has changed dramatically
January 09, 2019 08:11PM
Bear with me, this is odd...
I used to set my A8 up to do the first layer at 105% flow and .18mm (90% line height). Worked great, good squish, good adhesion. Perfect.
Now, when I have changed nothing, this acts like the nozzle is too close to the bed and starves.
I have to set my first layer to 110% flow and .3mm to get a perfect first layer.
WTF?

Has anyone had a printer do this? What happened? I have zero'd and re-zero'd the bed half a dozen times, just like I did before, and this is not the issue.
I am stumped.

Thanks for any hints,
DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Re: Anet A8 first layer has changed dramatically
January 11, 2019 04:32PM
Expansion of the heated bed? Uneven bed? Bed mounting screws loose?

--
Kind regards
Imqqmi

NFAN CoreXY printer:
[reprap.org]
January 11, 2019 04:49PM
imqqmi
Expansion of the heated bed? Uneven bed? Bed mounting screws loose?

Those would certainly _move_ the bed. But not cause a re-zero'd bed to not work at the same nozzle height as before.

I am missing something. I wonder if the behavior of the Z axis switch has changed. Hmm...

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
January 14, 2019 07:27AM
As your description of the issue is based on the extrusion quality you should also think about the hot end.
Anything reducing the nozle tip temperature (distance from the heater cartridge), airflow around the nozle, may thicken the filament. Extrusion speed increases may reduce heating time. Loose thermister.
January 14, 2019 12:57PM
MCcarman
As your description of the issue is based on the extrusion quality you should also think about the hot end.
Anything reducing the nozle tip temperature (distance from the heater cartridge), airflow around the nozle, may thicken the filament. Extrusion speed increases may reduce heating time. Loose thermister.

I think that this is the key. I am seeing this now on other printers. I think that BP or humidity levels have suddenly changed which can alter the characteristics of what comes out of the nozzle.
Nothing on the printer has changed, and different filament types are responding differently. Geeze, I may start looking for environmental chambers to keep my printers in!

Thanks,
DLC

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login