Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print sinking in any help is appreciated

Posted by nukes88 
Print sinking in any help is appreciated
February 10, 2019 12:37PM
I searched all the common printing issues and didn't find a solution to this, I recently rebuilt my printer because it was all out of alignment and the frame was kinda wonky. Did 2 prints and both came like this I used cura and only tweaked the temps and slowed the appeal down a little. It is pri twd in and and infill 30% honeycomb.
Any help is appreciated
Thank you in advance
Attachments:
open | download - 20190210_113230.jpg (495.2 KB)
open | download - 20190210_113159.jpg (638.9 KB)
Re: Print sinking in any help is appreciated
February 10, 2019 02:06PM
It would help if you provide some sharp in focus images where the layers can be seen. This could happen with under extrusion or when the nozzle is blocked or the filament is slipping, extruder motor is skipping steps. It can also happen when printing too fast and the infill doesn't get the chance to adhere to the perimeters and collapses.

--
Kind regards
Imqqmi

NFAN CoreXY printer:
[reprap.org]
February 10, 2019 02:12PM
What type of filament? How big is this object? Did you use a print cooling fan? How fast was it printing? Why are you using honeycomb infill?

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
February 10, 2019 04:09PM
i used PLA no cooling fan on the print just the extruder, the bed was set to 60 and extruder to 180 and its a 20x20 mm and yes it is honeycomb filling. and I attached a better image hope it is better. and thank you so much for the reply
Attachments:
open | download - 20190210_150509.jpg (246 KB)
GR
February 13, 2019 04:03PM
Try printing it with a cooling fan set at 40%, see if it is better.
February 13, 2019 08:19PM
As I look at the images, thinking to myself how hot is this being printed.
I wonder if your thermister configurations setting are correct for the thermister that you are using.
Do you have a thermometer that you can use to measure the nozzle and bed temp with.

My DVM came with a thermometer probe that measured the Controller reading was the same as my Multi-meter temperature probe.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2019 08:20PM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
February 14, 2019 11:37AM
nukes88
I searched all the common printing issues and didn't find a solution to this, I recently rebuilt my printer because it was all out of alignment and the frame was kinda wonky. Did 2 prints and both came like this I used cura and only tweaked the temps and slowed the appeal down a little. It is pri twd in and and infill 30% honeycomb.
Any help is appreciated
Thank you in advance

Interesting. That print looks both overheated and under extruded. Here are my questions:
What print speeds are you using?
What is your layer height?
How many walls?
How many top layers?
What is your hot end, and is it's thermistor correctly set in your firmware configuration?
What firmware are you using in your printer? Have you changed it lately?
What does the filament look like coming out of the nozzle during the print? Stringy, blobby, fat, thin, other?

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login