Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thermistor reading issues in Marlin 1.1.9

Posted by jjfromwa 
Thermistor reading issues in Marlin 1.1.9
February 12, 2019 02:04PM
Hello all,
I have an Ender 3 made by Sainsmart and I have recently upgraded the extruder and hotend to be a titan Aero v6, and flashed the firmware to vanilla Marlin with the Ender 3 preset. Upon installing the new firmware, I have been running into trouble with the printer not reading the temperature correctly. When I heat it to 100 C, it actually heats to around 70 c, and then reports roughly 130 C. Every 14 degrees or So, the printer appears to overshoot by 6, with the error propagating. It reads correctly at room temperature, but quickly diverges. The thermistor I am using is the E-SEMITEC-MOLEX (Marlin thermistor #5). I have swapped thermistors off of my other v6 printer (Monoprice select Mini) to verify the functionality of the thermistor, and it worked as expected. I'm rather inexperienced with configuring firmware, so I was hoping to find out if there is some calibration step I'm missing, or if someone knows a fix for this problem.
Re: Thermistor reading issues in Marlin 1.1.9
February 12, 2019 05:23PM
Quote
jjfromwa
Hello all,
I have an Ender 3 made by Sainsmart and I have recently upgraded the extruder and hotend to be a titan Aero v6, and flashed the firmware to vanilla Marlin with the Ender 3 preset. Upon installing the new firmware, I have been running into trouble with the printer not reading the temperature correctly. When I heat it to 100 C, it actually heats to around 70 c, and then reports roughly 130 C. Every 14 degrees or So, the printer appears to overshoot by 6, with the error propagating. It reads correctly at room temperature, but quickly diverges. The thermistor I am using is the E-SEMITEC-MOLEX (Marlin thermistor #5). I have swapped thermistors off of my other v6 printer (Monoprice select Mini) to verify the functionality of the thermistor, and it worked as expected. I'm rather inexperienced with configuring firmware, so I was hoping to find out if there is some calibration step I'm missing, or if someone knows a fix for this problem.

The heater is probably not compatible with the settings for the original print head.
First, modify your hot end thermal settings in your configuration.h file.
Set your hot end heater to be what E3D suggests for Marlin:
#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 5

Then if that doesn't work as well as you'd like, check this out:
[reprap.org]

That link will point you in the right direction.

DLC


Kits: He3D K200 Kossel, Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta
Re: Thermistor reading issues in Marlin 1.1.9
February 28, 2019 11:51AM
Thank you for your help! You were correct and I was able to solve my issue. Turns out my heater cartridge was a 12 V cartridge and my printer was set for 24 V.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login