Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Original E3d Titan on Delta - unhappy

Posted by Bking1340 
Original E3d Titan on Delta - unhappy
February 14, 2019 06:52AM
Good day all

Bought a Anycubic Linear plus delta 2 months ago and upgraded the hotend to a original e3d v6 and replaced extruder with a titan straight out of the box.
I basically waisted 2kg of filament and 2 months of time trying to fine tune my printer and then replaced the titan with the stock extruder and all my problems went away.

It either over extrude with blobs zits or under extrude on the same print. Replaced capricorn tubing with stock. Stepper voltages were correct, replaced stepper with tmc2208, tried another e motor.
Used simplify3d/cura/slic3r with all settings available - coats at end, wipe, negative restart, retraction from 1mm to 8mm from 25 - 60mm/s etc. Ptfe/bowden tube of 500mm.
Filament are 1.75 straight threw (used 3 different pla rolls). Extruding 100mm exactly on command = correct steps per mm, perimeter thickness 0.48 on a 0.4 nozzle.
Temperature from 170 - 225.
The mesh on the titan gears were a bit loose, rebuild it to be over tight, rebuild it to be just smooth. Filament going exactly centre over the gear.
I know the quality that I want is not the same as the guy next to me, but I want at least the quality that my 4 year old I3 prusa clone can give.

Stock extruder and after 3 hours of tuning and printing I`m happy. BUT what will be my maximum speed, 60mm/s? WIll I be able to print flexibles, maybe?

I know there are people using the titan without issues, that`s why I bought it and I believe it`s good. But not in my situation.

Any suggestions?

Any other decent extruders out there?
Re: Original E3d Titan on Delta - unhappy
February 17, 2019 08:05AM
It sounds like you've had a tough time with it mate, we've all been there and most of us more than once. I've had my sanity tested by a few printers over the last few years so I feel for you man.

I'm no expert so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I'm just wondering if you were using a different type of thermistor in the hotend when you changed to the E3D V6. The E3D's use the newer cartridge style thermistors if I remember correctly and that needs to be set in the firmware you are running. Did you do a PID tune and dial that in?
February 17, 2019 12:05PM
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes I have the old V6 hotend spare - Bought 2 hotends from netherlands about 3 years ago. But when I ordered my delta, I also ordered the newer V6 heater block with thermistor cartridge - and are set correctly in firmware.
M303 Pid tuning was done and temperature will maybe go up/down 1 degree , but 99% of the time its stable at the set temperature.

Don`t know man - maybe this titan don`t want to play nice on my delta and I know it`s not faulty - will maybe try it in another future build.

As of now I`m happy with the print quality on the stock extruder and pushed it to 60mm/s - will c tomorrow if I can go past the 70 mark.

But yes I`m still in the market for another decent extruder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2019 07:54PM by Bking1340.
February 17, 2019 05:31PM
I have run a Titan on my printer at 200 mm/sec. Are you using a pancake motor? Maybe it's running out of torque...

You're unlikely to be able to print flexible filament with a 500 mm Bowden tube.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2019 05:31PM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
February 18, 2019 01:11PM
the_digital_dentist
You're unlikely to be able to print flexible filament with a 500 mm Bowden tube.

That might be possible with 3mm filament, but not 1.75mm filament.
February 18, 2019 01:52PM
The OP is using 1.75 mm filament.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login