Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis problem

Posted by Rwh 
Rwh
Z axis problem
February 20, 2019 10:43AM
I have a Monoprice Mini that I have just changed to Marlin firmware with Arduino mega and Ramps 1.6 board and Marlin 1.1.9. I have managed to finally get it to home correctly and with Z axis at 0 have leveled the platform. Trying a test print it looks like the print head is going past the zero point on the z axis and is digging in to the platform. Is there a configuration fix for this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2019 10:48AM by Rwh.
Re: Z axis problem
February 20, 2019 02:52PM
Upload your Configuration.h file to google drive or another online share and I will have a look, to see if anything is out of the ordinary.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Rwh
February 20, 2019 09:43PM
Is the conditional.h file too big to attach to a message in the forum?
February 20, 2019 10:00PM
no, but it is to annoying.
Rwh
February 20, 2019 10:49PM
So this is my first effort at sharing a file with google drive. The file is there in the folder called Marlin. I think I have set it up so you can view it. The id I used was Roberts_Clif. Let me know if I need to do more. Thanks in advance.
February 21, 2019 12:14AM
You should be able to post a link to it, we we can just click on the link to take us right there
Rwh
February 21, 2019 09:19AM
[drive.google.com]

Here it is...
February 21, 2019 10:18AM
Looks like you have a lot of discrepancies found a Link with a mono-price select mini that may help you.

Consult this Web Link

Rwh
February 21, 2019 03:35PM
Thanks for looking into this. What I have is the version 1 of the mini, which has had all kinds of problems. I note looking at the configuration.h file that it has settings for auto leveling that I think are not available on my machine. Any problem just leaving my settings for that?
February 21, 2019 04:31PM
No! Just // them out.

Rwh
February 21, 2019 09:29PM
Looks like this is an earlier version of the configuration file for Marlin 1.1. My version is 1.1.9 and the configuration file is different. Is there an area of the configuration file I should focus on for the problem I am having?
February 21, 2019 11:09PM
If you have a fix mounted Probe you need this line,

/**
 * A Fix-Mounted Probe either doesn't deploy or needs manual deployment.
 *   (e.g., an inductive probe or a nozzle-based probe-switch.)
 */
#define FIX_MOUNTED_PROBE

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login