Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Removing Auto Bed Level - Prusa I3

Posted by Slammedman 
Removing Auto Bed Level - Prusa I3
February 27, 2019 12:17PM
Hi,

I have a clone prusa I3 running a ZRIB board.

Recently the auto level sensor conked out, it was a slow process beginning with it losing accuracy, and then ultimately being stuck on.

I ordered the following sensor to replace it (with the same specifications) New Sensor

The new sensor doesn't seem to work - It does not actuate on when I manually touch it to the bed or any metallic object, and when I run an auto home, instead of the Z-axis moving down towards the bed, it rises upwards a few millimeters, and then starts printing.

I am wondering if it is not a problem with the sensor, but a problem with the board? Is there a way of manually checking the sensor with a DMM?

In the meantime, can I remove the auto-level code from my firmware? If I do how will the printer Home the z axis? Do I need to install a limit switch? I have never seen a non auto-level printer in person so I do not know how they home.

Also, any recommendations on new electronics (board/drivers and LCD control) to run my system is appreciated, I don't think this Zonestar ZRIB board is too popular, so I would ideally like to swap to something more user friendly with more online information and support.

Any help appreciated!
Re: Removing Auto Bed Level - Prusa I3
February 28, 2019 05:53PM
You can check with the probe connected what happens to the voltage across it. Does it change? It may well be the input has gone bad or that your second probe has a problem, ie it may need a higher voltage.

I recently upgraded to a duet 2 wifi and works well. It's easy to setup. By powering it with 24V psu has made my stepper motors quite a bit faster too, but you'll need to take care that fan outputs are also 24V. I've added a buck converter to get 12V from 24V for led lighting and the hotend cooling fan.

--
Kind regards
Imqqmi

NFAN CoreXY printer:
[reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login